Samsung SmartTV Netflix isn't working

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bake85

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I have a Samsung Model UN55F6300 SmartTV. About 3 days ago Netflix stopped running, and I have not been able to resolve it. When I click on the App, it just goes to a black screen and nothing responds. Any thoughts?

Solution
Try disabling Samsung Instant On. I found it in the general settings. Resetting the Smart Hub didn't fix anything for me, but as soon as I disabled this and powered the tv off and on again the Netflix app immediately launched correctly.

lilpenny1

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
I have 2012 UN65ES8000 and I installed the 2014 evolution kit and now my netflix is having the same problem w/the blank screen. I've tried hard reset and different country settings and it only works one time then returns to blank screen. I checked the UK netflix version and it shows the same as the US version. I turned off auto start and updates also. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

keldek

Estimable
Oct 4, 2014
I have the 9000 w the exact same problem and timing. All apps work but for amazon and netflix. Firmware up to date. Internet wifi work in the correct speed. iPad and Xbox still run netflix just fine.....

keldek

Estimable
Oct 4, 2014
Btw "auto start" is not the same setting as "instant on" -
Thank you guys - deactivating "samsung instant on" worked immediately (after switching off / on TV). I found it in - menu - system - general (scroll down to find) and there it is.....

robbierob67

Estimable
Oct 6, 2014
This worked for me ...
Try disabling "Samsung Instant On".
1. Find it in the Settings > General.
2. Power the TV off and on.
3. Launch Netflix
(Leave "Samsung Instant" off.)
Thanks to all who helped get to this solution ...

Rachelb

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014

In my general setting I only have sound feedback. Panel lock and boot logo.

Dmo007

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014

It's like one of the people below says. I have the 78 inch curved UHD and had the same, exact problem. I turned off my tv. I then logged off of my netflix account on my computer. I turned back on my tv, clicked on Netflix and signed on netflix on my tv. It has worked perfectly since then. It's a lot easier than trying to change the country and and other things as listed in other posts

Dmo007

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014

It's like one of the people below says. I have the 78 inch curved UHD and had the same, exact problem. I turned off my tv. I then logged off of my netflix account on my computer. I turned back on my tv, clicked on Netflix and signed on netflix on my tv. It has worked perfectly since then. It's a lot easier than trying to change the country and and other things as listed in other posts

Jjaaggtt

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014

I have the Same tv with the same evolution kit, and of course I have the exactly same problem. If you find any real solution please let me know thank you.

lilpenny1

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
Unfortunately there is no solution right now. Only a hard reset and then it will work until you turn off and on the tv then netflix stops working again. Samsung support was no help. Have to wait for an update from Samsung whenever that happens. I returned my Evolution kit for now.

4PhaseDelta

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
I actually just got my Samsung UN50HU6950 and everything except for Netflix works. I was able to log into my HBO Go with no problem but when I try Netflix I get error code: nw-4-8 ... I have an internet connection but it says I'm connecting to none of the servers. I connect to Netflix perfectly fine on every other device in my house. Anybody know what the problem might be (sidenote: I also try logging out of Netflix but all it does is return to the same screen with the error after a couple seconds).

UPDATE: Did a complete factory reset and got it working, disregard.

klpeake

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014

I had this same problem. I thought that it was my internet connection and switched from AT&T Uverse to Comcast. Still had the problem. Then I tried changing my Netflix settings in my account. They were set to auto detect resolution for streaming. Well since my TV was so high res but my line was not enough to carry that high res signal, I changed it down to low and that fixed part of the problem. But I keep losing the network signal through the TV, so then after searching blog after blog, I tried two solutions that I found: Reset the Smart Hub and right after, turn off the auto update for the smart apps. It has been 2 days and I have not had one problem with Netflix, Amazon or Hulu Plus. Before it was crashing every hour or so and we would have to reestablish network link...etc., etc., etc.,

yasir1212

Estimable
Nov 7, 2014
Here's the solution that worked perfectly for me:

I was having the same exact issue with my Samsung UN60H7150. All was fine until today, when the apps starting acting weird. The tv is only two months old. I tried everything from updating to the latest software to the Smart Hub reset, changing the DNS server, etc. Nothing helped.

Do the following, worked for me:

- Unplug the TV from the outlet
- If you have the small cursor button on back of the TV, press it once, and then again. This time hold it in for about 10 seconds
- Leave it unplugged for at least 10 mins and then plug it all back in. Give it a few mins to do it's thing and that should fix the app issues! (well at least it did for me)

Kiwi_Tim

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
I have a Samsung 2013 F series Smart TV, UA50F6700AM. This model was intended for Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. I managed to get the Netflix app to work when my smart hub country was set to USA by doing the following:

1. Set Smart Hub to a country where Netflix is not available (like New Zealand or Australia). This will delete your existing Netflix app when the Smart Hub loads.

2. Now set the Smart Hub to country where the Samsung App Store still has an old version of the Netflix app. Now, this used to be the United Kingdom, but this no longer works as the Netflix app in the UK has updated to version 4.00997, which no longer works with my TV. However, the Mexico Samsung App Store still uses an older version of the Netflix app, version 3.229 and this does work with my TV. Once the apps from Mexico have loaded, go to "get more apps", select "options" and set "Auto update" to "Off".

3. Now set the Smart Hub country to USA. This will delete all apps that Mexico and USA don't have in common, but Netflix will be retained and will not be updated. I still get the sever error the first time I try to load Netflix, but the second time I load Netflix it usually works completely normally.

If you try to update Netflix Version 3.229 from the USA Samsung App Store, this will update Netflix to version 4.00511, and Netflix will no longer work. So, keep the auto update in Smart Hub Options set to "Off".

maboudet

Estimable
Nov 13, 2014

Where do you find "instant on"? I have checked under tools, settings, everywhere I can think of! Please help!

ok4evryng

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014

I tried all the fixes but it was disabling the instant on under SETTINGS GENERAL SAMSUNG INSTANT ON and turning the TV off and back on again that fixed it. Very simple and Netflix now loads and works again.

Status
Not open for further replies.