Samsung SmartTV Netflix isn't working

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bake85

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I have a Samsung Model UN55F6300 SmartTV. About 3 days ago Netflix stopped running, and I have not been able to resolve it. When I click on the App, it just goes to a black screen and nothing responds. Any thoughts?

Solution
Try disabling Samsung Instant On. I found it in the general settings. Resetting the Smart Hub didn't fix anything for me, but as soon as I disabled this and powered the tv off and on again the Netflix app immediately launched correctly.

Norboo

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
FYI
FF 289 RW to change region code works best if you are one foot away from TV

All my blu-Ray and TV had ui-113 error codes.
Fix: settings, network, DNS setting, " obtain manually" 8 8 8 8 let it connect and it worked for all my devices including TV.

It's not Netflix issue. Netflixs sent me to Samsung. After being on hold for hour and a half with Samsung, they finally walked me through just about everything I found online. DNS setting was our last step.

Hope this helps someone from pulling out all your hair. Best wishes.

MikeMagin

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
Contacted Samsung. This worked first time.... While TV is on, unplug power cord to TV. Wait a couple of seconds then plug power cord back into TV. Netflix is back.

ckerno

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
I just bought a 2015 Samsung UN40H5203AF Smart TV and Netflix would not work. The Netflix app could not reach the Netflix servers. Amazon Video, YouTube and Pandora all worked so I knew it was not an Internet issue. Turning off the Samsung TV's Smart Security fixed it for me. Pretty sill that Samsung's own security app was preventing the Netflix app from reaching the Netflix servers.

Using the Samsung TV remote go to: Menu/System/Smart Security/Off (your model menu steps may vary)

Turn the TV off then back on again and Netflix worked. I hope this helps others.

MikeMagin

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015
[Simple fix...while TV is tuned ON, unplug the power cord. Give it a second or two then plug the power cord back in. Problem resolved. When the complicated stuff doesn't work, like any computer simply REBOOT!

hvc

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015
Samsung 7505 (year 2014)
netflix nw-4-8
"Vi har i øjeblikket problemer med at afspille denne titel. Prøv igen senere, eller vælg en anden titel"

Make following chance

1. System - smart security - Off
2. System - Generel - Samsung Instant On - Off

Turn off the tv
turn on tv and start nexflix

worked for me

Utesfan

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
I had multiple streaming apps on my 65" samsung curved 4k TV not working (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Vido, Flixster, Vudu etc) The only thing I had to do to fix it was turn the "Instant On" Feature off. It now takes a few extra seconds to turn on, but all my apps work properly. I have not tried to turn it back on and see what happens, I'll try that next.

SouthOkanagan

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
I figured it out for my tv, my clock was set incorrectly! Set your TV clock to the correct time then restart everything.
Probably has something to do with the way the samsung hub communicates along with the apps, and the clock being wrong on the TV doesn't match the update server or the app's servers, etc etc.

Should be fine now. .

Ams T

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015
Try playing the title from the beginning. There's no need to reset the TV/Smart Hub/ DNS settings, anything. I spent 3 days doing all these things mentioned on almost all the forums, but no luck. I tried contacting Samsung and spent almost 3-4 hours trying to figure this out. While I was on call with Netflix, I thought I would try this: I would try playing the title from the beginning and there it goes. I tried playing 4-5 titles from the beginning, going back to the netflix home screen and replaying it from the wherever I left off, it was giving me the same error.

Seems like Netflix is having trouble seeking where you left off the video.

Hope this helps instead of doing those resets which gets you nowhere, but a blank slate to start installing apps from scratch.

bgard11

Estimable
Mar 31, 2015
Netflix on my Samsung TV stopped working about a week ago after the Smart Hub had an update - around 3/23/15. . I read thru some of the latest email threads on this site and figured I would just call before resetting my TV, etc.
I called Samsung and they logged in remotely. All they did was highlight Netflix (not click on it), then hit "tools", went to settings, and reinstalled (just Netflix app). Pretty simple and it is now working.

Blair Houghton

Estimable
Mar 11, 2015
I'm getting this on both my Samsung TV and the new Samsung BD player I just hooked up. It takes two or three tries to get past this. Samsung and Netflix need to figure this out and fix it.

livinhazip

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015

Pra mim isto funcionou Gabriel, muitissimo obrigada!
:bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.