Samsung Tab S 8.4 no 4G Internet Available

Samsunggallaxy

Estimable
Sep 26, 2015
Have an Samsung Tab S that will not connect to the internet over 4G, it will only work when I have my VPN turned on. Even with the VPN app removed it still will not connect to the internet over 4G (only over wifi or with the VPN installed and enabled with 4G)

What do I do?

alxmrn

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015
Hi,

Your mobile device allows you to decide how your device connects to your wireless carrier's network. To edit your device's network settings, touch the clock to open the Notification Panel, and touch Settings > More settings > Mobile netowrks > Network mode.

- LTE/GSM/WCDMA (Auto mode) is the default network mode option. This selection allows the device to choose the fastest connection from among the available connection speeds, including LTE.
- GSM only restricts your connection to only the 2G network.
- WCDMA only restricts your connection to only the 3G network.

Let me know if this one worked for you. Thanks!

Samsunggallaxy

Estimable
Sep 26, 2015

Your miss understanding me.

I get NO internet over 4G/3G/2G nothing, non! The tablets INTERNET only works with a VPN app installed AND enabled over 4G/3G/2G.

However, the internet works fine if I CONNECT to WiFi - no need for any VPN installed/enabled.

mudpuppet

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Where did you purchase your tablet? As far as I know the Tab S 8.4 was a wifi only tablet unless bought it through AT&T or Verizon in which case they should be able to get your network going for you if you're having troubles accessing their 4G/3G networks.

Samsunggallaxy

Estimable
Sep 26, 2015

In Australia mate, the mobile Tab S version is very popular here. I was advised to do a factory reset by a friend.. as it MAY fix the issues.