Samsung tv problem connecting to Yamaha reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2018
Hello we have a Samsung Smart LED65 Smart TV and bought a Yamaha AV receiver RX-V583 . We get an error message HDCP2.2 this content is not compatable with your TV. Please connect HDMI OUT to the HDMI input Jack that supports HDCP2.2 of the TV. We hear the sound of the TV coming through the surround sound speakers but no picture just thay error message. help please

CaptainCretin

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
It sounds like your TV is an older one without the required HDCP2.2. Unless there is a firmware update on the Samsung website, it aint gonna work.

I cannot be more specific, because you dont give the model number for the TV, and Sammy do dozens of different models in that screen size.

However, all you are losing is the Yamaha specific OSD for volume etc; I manage to live without them.

Jun 11, 2018
Hi, I'm also having a similar issue. Recently bought Samsung UE75MU8000 and a Yamaha AV receiver RX-V583. When I connect the AV receiver to the TV I get no sound to the speakers. The HDMI is connected to the correct port (HDMI out ARC) Why might this be?

I also connect my IPTV box straight to the AV receiver and the TV doesn't pick up that the HDMI is connected. I got this momentarily to work but then i went to tidy up the cables and reconnected it all back and stopped. Any ideas?

Jun 11, 2018
@helpstar, thanks for your reply.

I have tried a couple HDMI cables. I am using the connectivity box, cannot try without as this model only uses the one connect box.

How would a HDMI splitter work? Do you suggest connecting one in the AV receiver and one into the Samsung one connect box?

Nov 27, 2018

Try changing the HDCP version from auto to version 1.4. This is how i was able to get a Sling AirTv player to work with a Yamaha TSR-7850 receiver.

Reactions: Uzbad
Status
Not open for further replies.