Sanyo DP42740 no sound through HDMI connection with Blu-Ray

CamaroLovr

Estimable
Dec 2, 2015
Hey guys.
So I just bought a Samsung BD-J5700 blu-ray player to connect to my Sanyo DP42740 in order to use netflix. Bought a new Monster HDMI cable to connect the two. Well, everything comes through with video but no sound and the phrase "Please use audio 3 input for dvi connection" comes on the screen. Is this just simply a compatibility issue where I need to just use a digital to analog RCA converter to run the audio or is the tv audio circuit fried and it should be working with the HDMI? If you can help I owe ya a beer!
Thanks!!

Solution
Your TV may have a setting to allow you to use one of the HDMI inputs for a DVI connection which doesn't support audio and so requires a separate audio connection. If you go into the TV menus there should be a place to set that HDMI input back to HDMI.
Try the other HDMI Input as that may be set to HDMI.
Your TV may have a setting to allow you to use one of the HDMI inputs for a DVI connection which doesn't support audio and so requires a separate audio connection. If you go into the TV menus there should be a place to set that HDMI input back to HDMI.
Try the other HDMI Input as that may be set to HDMI.

Solution