Solved! Screen acting extremely weird: rainbow/bright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2019
Since about two days now I've noticed my screen is acting very strange. At random times it slowly turns all rainbow-ish (mostly pink and green) and very bright, my whole screen being stuck. As soon as I slightly move my laptop the screen pops back to normal and then does the same weird thing a couple times until I basically have hold my laptop upside down. Then it starts acting normal for an unknown amount of time (minutes-half an hour) before doing the same thing again... Does anyone know what this is and if it's fixable?

(I would add in a picture but I can't figure out how..)

Last edited:
Solution
It could be a few things. The cable that connects the display could be getting pinched or knocked loose. It could be getting heated as well. The display itself could be damaged internally and moving it makes it connect again. Or it could be the GPU is getting overheated a bit and when you turn it over it gets more air flow and cools a little.

Any of these, however, is going to require the laptop be opened up and checked. Fixed (if loose, full of debris, etc.) or possibly have one or more parts replaced.

If it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer to have them look at it. If it isn't under warranty, then you can either try doing the work yourself (if you feel comfortable doing so) or take it to a local tech.
It could be a few things. The cable that connects the display could be getting pinched or knocked loose. It could be getting heated as well. The display itself could be damaged internally and moving it makes it connect again. Or it could be the GPU is getting overheated a bit and when you turn it over it gets more air flow and cools a little.

Any of these, however, is going to require the laptop be opened up and checked. Fixed (if loose, full of debris, etc.) or possibly have one or more parts replaced.

If it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer to have them look at it. If it isn't under warranty, then you can either try doing the work yourself (if you feel comfortable doing so) or take it to a local tech.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.