Ryukens

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
Hi,
I've recently been having a problem when booting my laptop.I just got a new ssd, a samsung 850 evo. I used its software to clone it and installed it into my laptop.

The problem is that when I'm booting I'm not seeing such big improvement, and the screen just flickers like 4 times after it starts, something that it didn't used to do. I'm asking if this kind of problem is normal or I should install the old drive again and try to re-clone it. All the rest of the programs run relatively ok.

Thanks for everything

Specs
Msi laptop cx61 2qf
intel i7 4712mq
8 Gb of ram
940m nvidia gpu
Windows 10 Home Single Language

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a clean install of the graphics card driver first.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Here's the link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us#axzz41e9WA6FX
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot observe if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it does blink again try disabling the Fastboot option from Power Options.
- If all these will not work try re-cloning your HDD to your SSD and see if the same problem will...
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Do a clean install of the graphics card driver first.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Here's the link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us#axzz41e9WA6FX
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot observe if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it does blink again try disabling the Fastboot option from Power Options.
- If all these will not work try re-cloning your HDD to your SSD and see if the same problem will persist or not.

Solution