Search Sixty Spyware/Malware?

vcjj21

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
I use google search on chrome and this morning every search goes to google and then redirects to searchsixty.com.

Ive run ccleaner, malwarebytes, reset chrome settings, checked extensions, restarted the PC and it still does it. Only in chrome though.

How do I get rid of this?

Solution
Did you verify the Query URL still said Google? Mine says the following:

{google:baseURL}search?q=%s&{google:RLZ}{google:eek:riginalQueryForSuggestion}{google:assistedQueryStats}{google:searchFieldtrialParameter}{google:iOSSearchLanguage}{google:searchClient}{google:sourceId}{google:instantExtendedEnabledParameter}{google:contextualSearchVersion}ie={inputEncoding}

-Wolf sends
Did you verify the Query URL still said Google? Mine says the following:

{google:baseURL}search?q=%s&{google:RLZ}{google:eek:riginalQueryForSuggestion}{google:assistedQueryStats}{google:searchFieldtrialParameter}{google:iOSSearchLanguage}{google:searchClient}{google:sourceId}{google:instantExtendedEnabledParameter}{google:contextualSearchVersion}ie={inputEncoding}

-Wolf sends

Solution

vcjj21

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
Should I be able to edit that? Mine shows {google:baseURL}search?q=%s&{go...

and when I click edit its greyed out

I created a new one using what you typed out and it seems to have fixed itself. Deleted the old google entry that was the default. Thanks!

No. I'm not able to edit it either, but I'm glad that you were able to replace that entry and get it fixed.

-Wolf sends

dylanisveryhot123

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Same problem here... I've used over 12 antivirus/malware scanners and none were able to detect searchsixty. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome 7 times and considering wiping out my hard drive. Its driving me insane.

vcjj21

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017

It downloads but never starts installing or working. Is that even a legit website? Ive done everything its told me do besides SpyHunter

I just tried a fresh install of SR Ware Iron which is a less bloated version of Chrome and searchsixty came up first try.

dylanisveryhot123

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017

Same thing here, attempted to download both the normal and alternate installer. Neither of them open.