Seeking Audio Amplifier with Latency Adjustment

aolinger

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Hello,

I have been looking to hook up some stereo speakers to my 2008 Mac Pro through an amplifier/receiver, by running a 3.5mm to RCA cable from the Mac Pro to an amp. (Unbalanced, I know, but will only be for basic monitoring.)

LCD monitor is hooked up through DVI.

Due to the latency inherent in LCD displays and since I will be doing video editing on the machine, I want to get an audio amp with adjustable audio millisecond delay built in, so that I can match the outputted audio to the video playing on my LCD.

I already have a Syncheck3 to verify video/audio sync.

I had looked into the Denon AVR-1312 due to its audio delay features, but after checking out the manual, it looks like the audio delay adjustments are only available when routing a HDMI/video signal through the receiver, by using an interface through a visual interface on a HDTV.

I`ve also looked at dedicated audio delay boxes to solve this thing, such as the DataVideo AD-100, but as I am going to need an amp to route the audio to speakers anyway, I figured it would be better to keep it down to just one device, to keep costs under control.

Any insight or hardware recommendations would be much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS