Solved! Several steam suddenly do "hard exit"

Dev9Hmmm

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
I have no clue why, perhaps it's connected to my mouse trouble (all usb powersaving is off and got updated driver, even got logitech gaming software 9.02.65).
got 16 gb ram, 12gb accesible(according to sys info)
asrock a58m-e mobo
ryzen 7 1800x cpu
radeon rx 580 gpu
and the mouse is from the G400 series, a gaming mouse
2*500gb ssd,
750watt psu,6months old like all the above
3 fans soon even more all sucking and blowing as it should, temps are low...

I had a disconnection in the game "frostpunk" where i had 100's of buildings in survival mode, i thought it's the amount of buildings that is 2 much for this game.
Now i even get one after one hour of "this war of mine", no mods, no dlc's....
In FarCry primal I also had a sudden shutdown after over an hour or 2, couple weeks ago.
Also in XCOM2, per session I can play about one level there and in the next one I get a sudden/hard exit.
All of these games happend offline.

To me it's ludacris these things happens with the decent pc build i got or am I missing something somewhere?
I did disable some obsolete windows services in the past, like regedit(i got ssd so why bother?) and the windows edge services....

Will spray the inside tomorrow with air for the dust since i'm a smoker, for the second time in 6 months....

I didn't google a solution since I know a couple of things about pc's but i'm lost here to even find the source of the problem, just why i ask the best of the best....

Solution
No need to run everything that is necessary launched at startup. Many systems come with all sorts of "crapware" that can and do cause performance problems.

Three considerations: what is running, why is it running, do you need it?

For the most part you can google anything of concern and learn more about that service. Caveat being that you should use multiple resources and references - mostly to ensure accuracy and a fuller understanding of the matter.

And always be careful about any "fixes" that are presented. Some of those fixes will appear no matter what issue is being addressed. Registry edits, for example, are to be avoided. Last resort only contingent on full system backups and ways to recover in place.

Continue using...
Did the problems start before or after you disabled the windows services?

By disabling them you may have just addressed one problem and created another. Generally best to leave windows services alone barring some specific problem that would require the service being disabled. And such problems are likely to be addressed via a Microsoft update of some sort.

Look in Event Viewer and Reliability History/Manager for any error codes and warnings that occur just before or at the time of the "exits".

And you can use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe what your system is doing. Open one or the other and observe your system's activities for about 15 minutes or so. Then slide the window to one side but leave it open. Then game as usual. Watch for performance changes within the window. You may note something occurring therein.

Some background app launching to update, phone home, or backup perhaps.

Dev9Hmmm

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Damn, feels embarassing, no issues after once retrying xcom2 and this war of mine with event log on background.
I said i'd dust out my pc and I did before all this so I prefer not to close this thread yet because it might re-occur.

About those windows services, I got 11 turned off, if I put those I'm not sure about on manual all should be good yea?
(I have to adjust them with properties instead of right mouse click but should be ok i think...no?)

Besides all of that I did have a mouse problem, only with one specific and new mouse, it keep logging on and off, tried an old mouse, no issues except it's slow... Any advice about that mouse apart from drivers,another port or dev's software?
It's a g400 logitech gaming mouse which only got wurse with dev's software.

The "event problem" didn't start within one month of adjusting them, the mouse problem grew (exponentionally after installing the logitech and windows mouse and keyboard software).

Thanks for the quick response.

Dev9Hmmm

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
It's sharedPC profiles and accs, remote router, google stuff, origin client and remote registry services I got turned off now, loads on manual.
So services should be good like that yea?

No need to run everything that is necessary launched at startup. Many systems come with all sorts of "crapware" that can and do cause performance problems.

Three considerations: what is running, why is it running, do you need it?

For the most part you can google anything of concern and learn more about that service. Caveat being that you should use multiple resources and references - mostly to ensure accuracy and a fuller understanding of the matter.

And always be careful about any "fixes" that are presented. Some of those fixes will appear no matter what issue is being addressed. Registry edits, for example, are to be avoided. Last resort only contingent on full system backups and ways to recover in place.

Continue using the tools to observe system. Keep track of what you turn on and off. Strongly recommend that you only change one thing at a time (on or off) just in case.

If You make too many changes at once or even too close together it may be difficult to determine what change did what.....

No harm in using manual setting per se. Perhaps more of a convenience factor or nuisance to use manual. If you find something that is constantly needed - then switch to auto start. Again just monitor the impact on your system.

As for the mouse: be very sure that you are downloading the correct drivers via the manufacturer's website. Even if you are downloading the correct drivers remember that the file can be buggy to begin with or be corrupted in transit or even when saved to your computer.

Solution

Dev9Hmmm

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

About the mouse, I switched to a crapppy mouse, a lot lower dpi max, but no errors... The logitech mouse had gr8 manouvrability in movement speed(aka dpi) also better fit for my hand. I had the program/app from logitech itself, made specially for the type of mouse and disconnecting happend even more frequent....

Thanks about the info about services, manual does the trick it seems,also keeps them off if not activated:)
I do somekinda pc-school and learned about them there, did get the warning there to be very carefull turning any off.
Just wasn't sure if put on manual they'd need admin rights or something.
Thank you for the info.

BIG issue solved no more sudden shutdowns in games.... But what to do with that mouse it's a gr8 mouse, just keeps disconnecting and it's no powersaving issue as dozens of solutions suggest...

Since it's almost Christmas it could be a couple of days until I'm back online here. Happy holidays;)