slight hissing noise when using headphone output on motherboard

DogCannon

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016
When I use my headphone jack on my gigabyte sniper lga 1150, there is a slight hissing noise that is always there even if I turn down the volume. I have tried to re-route cables and so on but nothing changed. Then I plugged my headphones into my speaker jack and there is no static at all. I would like to know if there is any way of removing the static hissing noise from my headphone jack. Btw my psu is a corsair rm650, case is a silent base 800, graphics card is gtx970 g1 gaming, mobo is g1 sniper z97, cpu is a 4690k.

Thanks!

Hlsgsz

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
I'm guessing by headphone jack you mean the front case connection. If so, no there's nothing you can do. That cable just collects static from the components in the case.(fans are worst)

DogCannon

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016

I see what you mean but i meant the headphone jack in the rear of the case that is on the mobo. the Mobo I have has a jack for headphones, one for speakers and a couple for subwoofers and so on.

PC-based audio is notorious for this kind of thing. Inside a PC, everything is noisy. Are you doing this so you get sound simultaneously speaker+headphones? Try another pairs of headphones with a different impedance and see if it makes any difference. Another option is use a Toslink-RCA converter if you are not already using the Toslink output for something else.

DogCannon

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016

I run my speakers on a different port. As you said I tested the port with some earbuds from apple and there is nothing i can hear. Btw the headphones I have are at-m50x. I read that good quality headphones often pick up even the smallest distortion and sounds so yeah. What I have been thinking about is buying a DAC, the one I was looking at was the Fioo e10k olympus 2. If you know any other DAC's for the same price point that are better let me know.

Hlsgsz

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

In that case, use a port that does not have said noise. The ports on the back are not actually dedicated to one thing or another, even if they are color coded. That's why the software asks you what you have plugget into one of them when you do.

DogCannon

Commendable
Feb 8, 2016

Ah ok, but I think I will just buy a amp and a dac. That will eliminate all unwanted sound and even make better sound. I have also been looking at a dac and amp combo from the company Schiit. I will probably buy that. Thanks to both of you for taking your time with my problem :) I appreciate it.