Tom Zilionis

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014
Hello, im looking for some help regarding System Interrupts taking 60% of my laptops cpu. I've tried many of the suggestions offered on the forums, but none did any good of fixing this, it really makes bad performance when playing games.

Asus K53SC
Win 8.1 Core 64x

I have currently tried these offered solutions that did not do the trick:

/Updating Bios
/Updating Drivers
/Disabling USB Root hubs
/Disabling Network Adapters
/Disabling Sound effects in Enchantments tab
/Disabling Superfetch and BITS
/Reinstalling Windows, Updating
/Cleaning the laptop, cpu
/Ran chkdsk - found no problems
/Ran Malwarebytes - found no problems

Task Manager:
spoiler]

LatencyMon :
spoiler]

Sometimes when the cpu went crazy LatencyMon offered to:
/Disable WLan
/Disable cpu throttling in Control Panel and Bios
/Update Bios

I played around with the battery's Processor power management for the Cpu Throttling, but it did nothing. Couldnt find anything with Cpu Throttling in bios either, i think becouse it has to be in UEFI Bios Utility as much as i have read, but i do not know how to enter it, i think it has something to do with the disk being NTFS after reading the forums.

Would be grateful for any kind of help :bounce:

lowlanding

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014

I'm having a similar if not identical problem. How could it possibly be the charger causing this?

Thanks,

Kevin

Tom Zilionis

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014
Since the problem started to occur again a few days ago, i kept looking for more solutions that did help, which i hope will be pernament.

Start -> Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters
click on the adapter you are currently using and choose properties
in the new window -> Advanced tab and disable the 'Wake on magic packet' and ' Wake on pattern match' functions

Apr 8, 2015

Hi, i have too the Asus K53SC laptop, and i've got the same problem. When i playing a game the first cpu core put to 100%, 12% for Interrupts. This never happend in the 3 years i have it. Now, i can't play games that before i can. First i think it was the temperature, but after clean it (the fan i can't open) the same problem. I installed another windows, but nothing. I don't know to do. I hope is not the proccesor broken o the GPU.
Sorry for my english, i'm spanish.

Tom Zilionis

Estimable
Aug 5, 2014

There can be so many reasons that cause those system interrupts, but have you tried the solutions i mentioned? especially disabling the Wake on magic packet' and ' Wake on pattern match' functions witch is the only thing that actually helped me

Apr 8, 2015

I just try what you say, and nothing changes. When i'm playing, i'm not conected to internet. I search in the BIOS if there was something like "wake up" but the BIOS is very simple.Please, if i can't play games i'm going to die of boredom. Thx

Apr 8, 2015

I realized that when i'm playing the fan works but if i put the hand in the fan outlet, i don't sense the air out. I think it overheat although i desmount the laptop and clean the fan. Maybe i carry it to computer store. I do not know what else to do.

Kent Ferguson

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

rubbish lol, we all have fastboot on in win8 but only a handful have system interrupt issues
it's hardware communication, common sense leads you installing correct chipset drivers.,
and the issue disappears.

Tosnic

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
setup:
I had this problem,too. It occured after changing the CPU cooler and the PSU in my desktop computer. In the process I had to completely remove the Mobo and subsequently all cables. The system had been running perfectly fine before. After the hardware update the system interrupts took up 7-10 % of my 8-core AMD CPU.
trials:
After reading this had to do with failing hardware, especially HDD-controllers, I tried all of my 7 drives (including 2 optical drives), starting the system with only one drive enabled, then two and so on. It came down to two SATA HDDs causing the issue. If any of those two was plugged in, I got the system interrupts' CPU usage.
solution:
Taking a wild guess, I re-arranged all SATA cables on the Mobo. Sounds stupid, because it is. But it worked.

PangOS

Estimable
Aug 27, 2015
rubbish lol, we all have fastboot on in win8 but only a handful have system interrupt issues
it's hardware communication, common sense leads you installing correct chipset drivers.,
and the issue disappears.

Someone earlier posted that many different issues can cause this effect. If you actually read through the thread it was resolving different issues remedied the problem.

Perhaps for you it was bad drivers. For someone else a simple option like Windows 8 Fast Boot.
For me it was a faulty Hard Disk Drive. I have seen on another unit where the power supply was not supplying enough power (was even able to recreate).

I posted here to add to the list of things that people may check.

AamirM

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
I faced similar problem in windows 8.1 and then later in Windows 10. The problem is that my CPU, almost all the time, is clocking at about 3.5GHz or near to 3GHz (3GHz is max) with about constant 30-40% CPU usage all the time. This results in overheating of my laptop. From the task manager, it's clear that system.exe and system interrupt.exe processes are the culprits. Using sysinternals procexp tool, I traced down the thread that is overusing the CPU - ACPI, which is related to the power supply. A high system interrupt CPU usage means CPU is "interrupted" much more frequently than usual.

This problem occurred in windows 8 and 8.1 after I upgraded my inbuilt HDD with a solid state drive. This HDD was used to replace the inbuilt DVD drive, so that I could use the enormous space of HDD. I feel this is entirely a software problem related to the power distribution that is not optimized for the hardware modification that I have done.

There are several solutions suggested on the internet. These includes a faulty bluetooth driver, so it was suggested to disable it. But this didn't help me. I even tried upgrading to Windows 10, but this problem has still persisted. Can anyone suggest a troubleshooting guide to solve this problem?

Appended below is a snapshot of what overuse of my CPU looks like on Window task manager.

System specs -

System Model Sony VAIO SVS13137PNB

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3540M CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3001 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.13 GB
BIOS Mode UEFI