Some Keys on keyboard suddenly stopped working but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa206

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016
Hello everyone
Recently I installed windows 7 on my laptop (Acer 5742G 4gb Ram & intel core i5). Right after the installation some keys on my keyboard stopped working (A F X C V). they even stopped working on boot menu.
But here’s weird part: when I hold F and R together the some of the mentioned keys (A X C ) start working, but they do something else. A is tab key, X is W and C is E.
Also when I hold C and R (or T) together, all keys (except V) work Correctly. ( A is A, F is F etc.)
I did not spilled anything on my laptop.

Thank you very much for your time and answers

mostafa206

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016

Thanks for your consideration
I had windows 7 64bit. I installed a fresh copy because the old one was slow

Then it's probably a coincidence of timing. Especially if they don't work on the boot menu (assuming you mean the BIOS boot menu as opposed to the Windows boot menu).

Easy test if you have a spare machine: Download Parted Magic and make a bootable CD or USB stick. Boot Parted Magic and open a file. Same issue: hardware and not your Windows installation.

Did you use a hammer to install Windows?

mostafa206

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016

YES BIOS menu....
I spend few days doing what you told me and it was hardware problem because the keys did not work there.
BTW: what do you mean by hammer installation?

Apr 13, 2018
Dear Mostafa, I have an exact problem on my Acer laptop since some months ago and it's so annoying. Could you kindly share your experience about solving this issue? How did you fix it finally!?

mostafa206

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016

Hey
Actually after trying everything I finally gave up and bought a new external keyboard, but that was a pain because of carrying. So I have my laptop fixed by changing the whole physical keyboard. Sure it was pricey but worth it because now it's good as new.
Hope this helped. Sorry that I couldn't help you more.

Apr 13, 2018
Thanks for your prompt reply!

In fact I have tried every solutions and this issue's still persists.Goes and gets back endlessly. So I guess I need to replace the physical keyboard too.

Status
Not open for further replies.