I can't press some keys on my acer aspire 4739 laptop. The keys I can't press are: L, K, Y, R, E and W. I haven't checked the numbers or the F# keys. The weird thing is, it starts working after a few hours of pressing things or doing nothing. But it gets really annoying, this is the first time I've got it. I haven't spilt any liquids on it and I really would like to find a solution aside from replacing my keyboard, thanks!
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver then reboot your laptop. It will reinstall the driver automatically.
- Next is to make sure that Keyboard settings are all set to United States.
- If all these will not work try an external USB keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if it will not happen you'll need to do a complete factory reset.
- How to perform System Recovery: http/acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12869/~/how-do-i-restore-my-computer-using-the-erecovery-management-program%3F
- And if the factory reset will not work the only solution would be to replace the keyboard itself.