Some keys on my acer laptop aren't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saddere

Estimable
Jan 16, 2016
I can't press some keys on my acer aspire 4739 laptop. The keys I can't press are: L, K, Y, R, E and W. I haven't checked the numbers or the F# keys. The weird thing is, it starts working after a few hours of pressing things or doing nothing. But it gets really annoying, this is the first time I've got it. I haven't spilt any liquids on it and I really would like to find a solution aside from replacing my keyboard, thanks!

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver then reboot your laptop. It will reinstall the driver automatically.
- Next is to make sure that Keyboard settings are all set to United States.
- If all these will not work try an external USB keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if it will not happen you'll need to do a complete factory reset.
- How to perform System Recovery: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12869/~/how-do-i-restore-my-computer-using-the-erecovery-management-program%3F
- And if the factory reset will not work the only solution would be to replace the keyboard itself.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then boot it back up.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver then reboot your laptop. It will reinstall the driver automatically.
- Next is to make sure that Keyboard settings are all set to United States.
- If all these will not work try an external USB keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if it will not happen you'll need to do a complete factory reset.
- How to perform System Recovery: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12869/~/how-do-i-restore-my-computer-using-the-erecovery-management-program%3F
- And if the factory reset will not work the only solution would be to replace the keyboard itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 7
bonkerinno Laptop Tech Support 1
cvs4321 Laptop Tech Support 1
Toma_Tsvetkov Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 3
Peudekai Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 0