Some videos on YT and VLC have audio issues (boomy)

ultraturbomusic

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
I noticed a few days ago that some YT videos sound is boomy (only bass and no high frequency tones) and some videos on vlc have the same problem. Win 7 64bit. I recently added my headphones and mic into the front pannel of my pc so that I wouldnt have to insert the cords everytime I need to use the headphones and mic. I began to switch the default playback devices on my pc, but that is it. No new soft, no nothing. just out of the blue this problem occured. Ideas?

PS: On youtube, I noticed that some videos uploaded from smartphones evoke this problem.

rgd1101

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ultraturbomusic : "Boomy (only Bass) sound on some YT and VLC videos"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Audio 2
fiachrab Audio 1
W Audio 3
TheADiv Audio 0
Hecubus Audio 4
P Audio 0
Z Audio 0
Doctor Gonzo Audio 0
G Audio 5
Not_techy Audio 1
D Audio 0
M Audio 2
O Audio 1
L Audio 6
M Audio 2
K Audio 2
D Audio 1
B Audio 7
S Audio 1
M Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Disabling video output to receiver and only transmit audio
Question how do you split audio/video in to layers
Question What happens if I connect RCA of a sterio speaker (3.5mm male to be used for line out)to line in of CPU ? Does it cause any harm to my speaker?
Question Go-Video DV1140 DVD+VCR: General Audio Ports do not work but DVD Exclusive Ports do
Solved! Splitting Audio/Video from Xbox Series X to Receiver and TV
Question My mic picks up audio from YouTube, Twitter videos, etc and I have no idea why.
Question Audio is desynced when playing video of any kind.
Question What is causing a high-pitched whine through my PC speakers after I close a video?
Solved! New Audio-Video set up
Question Vizio sound bar stopped recognizing digital optic cable
Question Soundbar passes through video from AppleTV but doesn't play audio
Solved! can I split my cable signal into video and audio through a 1 in 2 out HDMI converter?
Solved! Is it bad if only connect one RCA input for an L/R input subwoofer ?
Audio lag when using Gpu's HDMI
Solved! Receiving ARC audio output from the TV and sending video to the TV with one HDMI cable?
Solved! Sonos Soundbar + Westinghouse TV - No ARC/Optical Audio Options
how to have two different audio simultaneously played in headphone and pc's speaker
Solved! Help troubleshooting why subwoofer isn't working through AV Receiver through optical, but is through other inputs
LED tv audio issue, video is working
Youtube audio issues when publishing

ASK THE COMMUNITY