Something exploded in my Archos 5.

DeathAbyss

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
For the last few months, I haven't touched my Archos 5 at all. I'm talking about the dark brown/silver version. So today, when my mom asked me if I had a spare music player that I can give her, I decided to give her the Archos 5. However, when I picked it up, I felt a bulge, and apparently something inside the player blew up inside. The machine was not plugged in for the past several months, and it had been on my desktop collecting dust. >.>
Do you think this is covered in Archos' warranty?
I sent Archos customer service a message about my player, with the following images:
dsc0073p.jpg

dsc0072bp.jpg

dsc0071bn.jpg

dsc0070y.jpg

dsc0069ys.jpg

dsc0068mc.jpg

dsc0067xe.jpg

Solution
G
If Archos offer a one year warranty and you are beyond that period you should talk to the retailer -- from the sound of it you have a case for repair, replace or refund.

If they refer you to the warranty, refer them to the bit which says "this warranty does not affect your normal consumer rights".
G

If Archos offer a one year warranty and you are beyond that period you should talk to the retailer -- from the sound of it you have a case for repair, replace or refund.

If they refer you to the warranty, refer them to the bit which says "this warranty does not affect your normal consumer rights".

Solution

TRENDING THREADS