Songs lagging / sturing & skipping on Vlc player

3hunna

Honorable
May 15, 2013
Alright it all started to happen after I replaced my mobo & when I played music with vlc the music played but at some points it stopped & didn't play that point & skipped , So I reinstalled windows cause I heard that changing mobo requires you to reinstall the os so I did cause I thought that might fix the problem but it didn't so I reinstalled vlc but that didn't fix the problem & this doesn't happen when I play a video game or play a video on the web & I am not using the on board sound chipset I got a discrete sound card ( Creative sound blaster 7.1) which I was using on my old mobo , I asked my friend he said he got the same problem he says it's the problem with the latest Vlc player I told him I got the latest vlc 64 bit he said the 32 bit vlcs are more stable , So what do yall think???

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

IDK, I just told you from my VLC experience.
Did you try some troubleshooting? i.e., did you try to use VLC with the integrated sound, or try another program with either sound card? That should narrow it down to what the actual issue might be.

3hunna

Honorable
May 15, 2013

Wait are you using vlc 2.1.3? cause I just went to their site & I don't see the vlc 2.1.4 version no more it's the same on the 64 bit vlc's list , So I am going to install either one of the vlc 2.1.3 & report back to you

3hunna

Honorable
May 15, 2013
Well I downloaded vlc 2.1.3 64 bit & I don't have the problem anymore so I guess it was just a bug with 2.1.4 vlc & Oh when I click on the update it still shows me that 2.1.4 is avaible even though they took it off the site