Sony "Confident" PlayStation 4 to Arrive Before Xbox 720

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I know this was about Sony doing a flip flop on the next generation PS4 but what in the world is Microsoft thinking. I already hate the idea of having some PC games needing always on internet connection but my console I think not. I will be passing on any next generation console that requires a always on connection. Hopefully Sony will not follow suit with Microsofts always on internet idea or in typical Sony fashion something far worse.

The upcoming Xbox console will also reportedly feature a CPU with four or six cores, one of which will be reserved for Kinect and another for the operating system. Kinect will be built-in instead of serving as an accessory, and the console itself will require an always-on Internet connection as an anti-piracy method.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]kj3639[/nom]Would Microsoft let Sony use DirectX? I don't see Microsoft allowing that.[/citation]

Huh? DirectX is just an API. It's intended for broad use to simplify and create platform independent standards for graphics companies to develop around. If both are planning on going with the x86-64 architecture that makes complete sense that they'd use DirectX and the latest being 11.1 at that.

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]hotroderx[/nom]Hopefully Sony will not follow suit with Microsofts always on internet idea or in typical Sony fashion something far worse.[/citation]

Don't worry, Sony will always have worse ideas.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I can't wait for $69.99+ game ports for the PC! At least the hardware of these consoles will be 2 years behind instead of 7...since hexacore processors and dual graphics cards have been out for PCs for months/years respectively already.

G

[citation][nom]FlayerSlayer[/nom]Don't worry, Sony will always have worse ideas.[/citation]Yeah, Sony will probably route their always-on connection unencrypted through some Russian hacker proxies to save everyone a little time in stealing your credit card numbers.

beans4you

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Launch games will suck as usual I assume. Making a game in under a year is such a cash grab. I don't see myself buying any of this new generation machinery just as the last. Companies like EA, and the cod makers are just draining the cash flow year in year out. Why would anyone want to put time and effort into a game when you can just roll it over the next year with some makeup and a few new features. The gaming industry feels a lot like the movie industry these days. Warren, is right. While we need to keep current its still not going to help while developers just half ass the games cause there too lazy to put some effort in.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
shouldn't be to hard, MS seems to feel it has nothing to worry about and busy milking the whole kinect thing, may find their butt's getting kicked if they don't pull their heads out. AMD made the same mistake when they were on top with their Athlon FX chips, look at them now.

modbus

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
I was 100% going to buy the new Xbox when it comes out, then I read about the always on internet requirement. If this is true or if there is some other type of DRM crap, I will 100% not buy it. Ever.

jaquith

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
I have several of both the PS3 and Xbox 360, I had the 'pleasure' of the Red Ring of Death. I sure hope they fix the Xbox 720 and it better have Blu-Ray otherwise they might as well not release it.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I've been done with consoles for a while. If Sony and MS plow ahead with the retarded DRM and anti-used mechanism that are being rumored, then I definitely wont be back for the next round either. Sure, I'll miss out on some cool games here and there, but I'm pretty happy with what I do have. So whatever, their loss.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
i think i would rather buy a better graphics card for pc than what the next generation of consoles will bring

you can use a ps3 controller on pc to play your games anyway or an xbox 360 controller so i see no reason to play on a console that needs 24/7 internet

Status
Not open for further replies.