Sony sub in apt

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
If it will be too much viberation how can I make it so it won't viberate soo much? I do have my music up at times but I wanted to make sure I won't get in trouble when I move.

The sub is a cheap $100 one and it's a 10" and has 100 watts total power it says on specs but I thought maybe since it's not a huge sub with tons of power it won't annoy people. It's a basic sub. But I would of gotten a better one if I had more money but since I' am tight in the budget and I live with SSI income it's hard to afford a nicer one. My Alesis monitors are a small two-way 3in woofer and 1in tweeter and they are only 20 watts total power but the sub is 100 watts basicly.

But it may annoy people a lot I just don't know though even it's a entry level sub.

I do know that the apt I am going is made around 1993 so it's not that that old apt but I don't know if it will be ok to have my sub turned on. I talked to the manager and she did say I can have it up but just no shaking on the walls. I don't know if my sub can shake the wall.

I would connect it and use the system at your normal volume and ask your neighbors if they are bothered by it. If so then you can try to isolate it off the floor with some foam but be prepared for that not to help. Bass can travel easily form apt to apt in most buildings.