Sony to Debut Motion Sensoring Controller at E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salopar

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
sony talked about webcam game from beginning but only few game support the EYES. They will release a PSmote and in 5 year will only see 10 game supporting it.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Why's the picture showing him putting that on a portable heater? That does not make sense!

Anyway Nintendo's success isn't due to motion controls. It's because we want to game with our kids or g/f and we'll put up with mini-games to do so.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]Why's the picture showing him putting that on a portable heater? That does not make sense!Anyway ....[/citation]

lol that "portable heater" is supposed to be "the TV"... lol I fully agree... it looks like a heater....lol

By the way.... I don't really think this is going to steal a lot of business from Wii, since the target group are so different and those who are in the overlap may already get their hands on both of them.

The biggest problems PS3 are having are the high price tag and game support. Though I do think a PS3 “detectable and trackable hand-held controller” may make the current PS3 ownners happier and may increase the sale of PS3 a little bit.... but I don't think it is going to make any big impact on the PS3 sale unless they get the price of PS3 down. or... unless they make an exclusive HD star wars MMRPG that supports real-like lightsaber fight(with the new controller) and supports body motion control (like those in the Eye Toy softwares).... lol

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I think history has proven that novelty accessories (SegaCD, 32X, Live Camera, EyeToy, 360 HD-DVD, etc.) don't really work in the videogame world. If they wanted this to succeeed they should have had it at launch and sold with every system like Nintendo did.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]The Schnoz[/nom]I think history has proven that novelty accessories (SegaCD, 32X, Live Camera, EyeToy, 360 HD-DVD, etc.) don't really work in the videogame world. If they wanted this to succeeed they should have had it at launch and sold with every system like Nintendo did.[/citation]

I fully agree. For videogame world... game support means everything.. no matter how good the accessories are... if it is not supported by a lot of "high quality" games... it is not going to work. Think about it... even for the PS2 (one of the most successful videogame consle).. the EyeToy and PS2 hard drive could not be able to do much.

ImmortalJman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I'm not sure that you could call the PS3 for casual gamers considering it's price tag, although if you consider how much a PS3 is used once purchased then yes it would be casual.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
I must disagree with most negative comments here.

This is a perfect opportunity for Sony to draw those 3rd party Wii-only titles to its PS3. Given the similarity of the control schemes and the low processing power of the Wii, gaming companies could port their Wii games to PS3 and have a multiplatform game that sells more.

That said, Sony has showed in the past that business deals with game companies aren't their strong side. However, the possible profits could draw the companies to the PS3 anyway.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]Why's the picture showing him putting that on a portable heater? That does not make sense![/citation]

The first thing I saw was some shirtless man that rigged his space heater to project the heat waves into a centralized beam to light his cigarette. Why he has his PS2 hacked into the heater is beyond me.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]squatchman[/nom]What the hell was the Sixaxis controller supposed to be then ?![/citation]

I always thought it was a joke.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Whatever happened to the pistol from duck hunt?
Get on that damned boat Sony, convince me to buy your stuff. (But I won't anyways, I'll just keep buying PC junk.)

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
PS3 kicks Nintendo Wii in all fashions, the only reason Nintendo Wii took off was because of
it's low price tag associated with it's limited roles. You want crappy graghics and cheap games then
the Wii is for you. If you want outstanding graghics and no 3 rings of death than the PS3 is for
you.

G

lol at hakesterman
You need to read penny-arcade's comic on fanboys.
"OMG TEH PSTHREEE HAS TEH HAXXED GRAFFICKS! IF YUO DONT HAVE A PSTHREEE THEN YUO SUX!! HAHAHAH! I AM TEH ROXXORZ!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS