Sony tv and Onkyo receiver HDMI (ARC) issues.

pete881964

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
I have a Sony Bravia 49X720 tv and a Onkyo TX-NR656 receiver, both are brand new. I can only get sound thru my HDMI (ARC) port. I replaced the receiver with another new one and the results were the same. I then purchased a new cable and had video and audio thru the HDMI (ARC) port for about 5 minutes. after that, I only get sound thru that port. I am thinking it is an issue with the tv, but i am looking for help, before I load the tv back up and take it back.

Solution
To clarify you don't get video from sources connected to the receiver to the TV?
ARC is to get audio from the TV to the receiver without having to use another cable other than the HDMI that is used to get video from the receiver to the TV. You would turn ARC on in the TV menu to get that working, If all you sources are connected to the receiver you can leave ARC off and connect the receiver to any HDMI Input on the TV.
Check that the input menu of the receiver is set so that the ARC and other sources are assigned correctly.
To clarify you don't get video from sources connected to the receiver to the TV?
ARC is to get audio from the TV to the receiver without having to use another cable other than the HDMI that is used to get video from the receiver to the TV. You would turn ARC on in the TV menu to get that working, If all you sources are connected to the receiver you can leave ARC off and connect the receiver to any HDMI Input on the TV.
Check that the input menu of the receiver is set so that the ARC and other sources are assigned correctly.

Solution
Mar 21, 2018

Did you find a solution to this? I am having the same problem.

G

Hi, I have a brand new KD65X725E connected with HDMI ARC using a high speed cable to a Sony HT-RT3, the audio works for about some hours and then it stop working, I need to disconnect from mains power the both TV and Audio System in order to get it working again...