Sony USB Walkman file sharing via OTG

Jan 1, 2019
I do have the option to use pc for the process but I need to use OTG because I don't always have my pc with me. When I plug it, it says its broken. If I format it I'll ruin all the songs and the player (Done it before) so I need the most efficient and user friendly solution for this. I'm using Samsung J6

hang-the-9

Titan
Android phone and computer read file systems and file structure in different ways. I would just copy the files to the phone directly to play or use a standard USB stick not the walkman which is more than just storage.

hang-the-9

Titan
Can you use the device you have that way? What is the exact model? Sounds like you are trying to connect the J6 to the walkman is that correct? If the phone can't read the walkman, it can't read the walkman. Try using just a normal USB flash drive instead.

Jan 1, 2019

Jan 1, 2019
Thanks for the reply. Its a nwz b183 but I need to put music files to play with it. And I can use normal usb flash drives. (EVEN NTFS I THINK)
And phone says its corrupted but I can open it successfully with my laptop

hang-the-9

Titan
Android phone and computer read file systems and file structure in different ways. I would just copy the files to the phone directly to play or use a standard USB stick not the walkman which is more than just storage.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Android Smartphones 3
B Android Smartphones 1
PhilipMichaels Android Smartphones 3
M Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 1
D Android Smartphones 1
B Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 0
B Android Smartphones 4
F Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 6