Sony Vaio E series power button flashes and screen stays blank

Natali_3

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Hello!
I have a Sony Vaio E series and today I opened it to clean the fan because it was too dusty so I took off the fan unit cleaned it and placed it back then placed everything back and closed it. Now when I tried to tuturthe laptop on the power LED kept flashing green, but the screen stays blank and it didn't boot. The fan only works when the LED is green during the flashes!
I tried to disconnect the AC adapter and removing the battery then hold the power button for a minute and then reconnect the adapter and the problem didn't go.
I also saw something about unlocking the CPU, but that also didn't help :(
Can someone please help me figure this out :/
Thanks

When you cleaned it out/up. The fan. You may have knocked other things in the computer loose (it happens, especially if you are using compressed air). It comes out really strong and can move or damage things it comes in close contact with.

Or you can nudge something (a cable, etc.) and it will come just a little loose, but not enough for you to really notice it. Then when you close it all back up, nothing works.

Also, when you dust/clean up inside, it is very easy for particles to get stuck in parts of the fan, behind it, in the thermal paste (if there are gaps), etc. This can lead to more overheating and the fan not working well or even getting damaged (if it is left to long with something in it).

Apologies for not being clearer the first time.

Natali_3

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016

Im sorry for the super late reply! Could you please explain further more? Not quite sure I understood you well.

When you cleaned it out/up. The fan. You may have knocked other things in the computer loose (it happens, especially if you are using compressed air). It comes out really strong and can move or damage things it comes in close contact with.

Or you can nudge something (a cable, etc.) and it will come just a little loose, but not enough for you to really notice it. Then when you close it all back up, nothing works.

Also, when you dust/clean up inside, it is very easy for particles to get stuck in parts of the fan, behind it, in the thermal paste (if there are gaps), etc. This can lead to more overheating and the fan not working well or even getting damaged (if it is left to long with something in it).

Apologies for not being clearer the first time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2