Sony Vegas Pro 10 and Shadowplay help!

Ben15

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
I am having a problem where my videos recorded using NVIDIAs Shadowplay feature are not being recognized by Sony Vegas anymore. The video comes out as having a green overlay on it. Before, I had absolutely no problem loading in any video. I did some research on this and the only fix I find is renaming the plugins folder that the video is using. However, as you can clearly see in the video, they are both using the same plugin. Here's a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

5bcqqr.jpg

itmoba

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015
Is that Minecraft I see to the left of the green box? (I had to zoom in all the way to catch that.) Have you tried reinstalling the graphics drivers directly from Nvidia's website? By this, I mean the drivers that come from them and not the ones supplied by Microsoft.

Ben15

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
You mean the drivers for the graphics card or the geforce experience? Shadowplay is part of the geforce experience and I have tried reinstalling and even tried older versions of it when it worked. Still have the same problem.

Ben15

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
I just used DDU and removed my graphics drivers and installed the betas and updated it like you said and still have the same problem. Any more ideas?

Ben15

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015

Just tried and still have the same problem. Any other ideas?

AJYates

Estimable
Aug 27, 2015
Im having the exact same problem, And i use Song Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.

Im pretty sure this is because of one of the recent updates they have done in the Nvidia software. But im not sure if i can backdate it now...

This is a weird problem and im glad atleast im not the only one with it.. :p I just really dont want to revert back to Fraps because its terrible.

AJYates

Estimable
Aug 27, 2015
GeForce Experience 2.5.13 Release Highlights
• Adds low latency games optimizations for DOTA2, League of Legends, and Heroes of the Storm on GeForce GTX 950.
• Fixes an issue where ‘new OPS settings have been downloaded’ notifications are displayed even when the notify me checkbox is unchecked.
• Fixes an issue where GeForce Experience doesn't open when system language is set to Turkish.
• Fixes an issue where ‘GeForce Experience session has expired’ notifications are displayed at the wrong time.
• Fixes an issue where ShadowPlay causes the audio to play in a loop.
• Fixes an issue where SHIELD controller loses control when another controller is plugged into the PC.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe when they "fixed an issue" with the audio loop they created another issue somehow. I just dont know, I've tried recording with every setting possible with only the same result. Even tried to record with audio turned off and still it shows as a green screen in Sony Vegas. But when i just want to watch the clip in Windows Media Player, it plays fine with no problems at all. Something in the new update just doesnt like Sony Vegas... :/ I might just try and get the new Vegas 13 thats out and see if it works okay with that...

Ben15

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
I rather not update right now because it's a problem on their end. I have also posted a thread on the GEFORCE EXPERIENCE website and people are also having the same problem. Let's just hope they are aware of this and fix it in the next update.

itmoba

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015
I was sick in bed yesterday, otherwise I'd have responded. Anyway, AJYates seems to be right. After digging around a little, it seems the older versions of Sony Vegas Pro (e.g., 10) have some issues when it comes to GPGPU acceleration support. In this case, Nvidia is "nerfing" support for some of its releases and has mostly affected Windows 8.1 and 10.

Could you give us some of your hardware/software specifications Ben15? A little information not only helps but can go a long way. (If it's above, ignore this comment; however, I didn't see it, which is why I'm asking.)

Also, I found an alternative to SVP / Shadowily: https://obsproject.com

Ben15

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015

As someone stated above, this problem is non-existent in Sony Vegas 13. If anything I will just have to upgrade to Sony Vegas 13. I rather not because I have most of my settings/configurations already saved on 10. Also, I've used OBS before and they don't have a similar feature to shadowplay.

MOBO: Biostar A960g+
CPU: AMD FX-6300
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 660
MEMORY: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
PSU: CORSAIR TX650 Enthusiast Series 650W 80 PLUS
HDD: Kingston v300 SSD
Sony Vegas Pro 10 (64-bit)

itmoba

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015
I'm pretty sure you can export your SVP 10 settings and import them into SVP 13. The worst case scenario I can think of at this moment in time is having to write a script that'll automate the process for you if the feature isn't native to the software.

TheSweMaster

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
Having the same issues with Sony Vegas Pro 10.0 and Shadowplay files.

In the beginning it worked fine but until some of the latest patches of Nividia Shadowplay drivers it stopped working and I got the same errors as Ben15 I have tried all your possible solutions and nothing seems to work.

So Do I need to upgrade to SVP 13 to be able to fix it or can you fix with issue in Sony Vegas like a plug-in or should I wait for possible driver fixes/updates?

Or is SVP 10 not supported with shadowplay anymore?
As itmoba stated: "After digging around a little, it seems the older versions of Sony Vegas Pro (e.g., 10) have some issues when it comes to GPGPU acceleration support. In this case, Nvidia is "nerfing" support for some of its releases and has mostly affected Windows 8.1 and 10."

Any suggestions would be nice, I would like to make videos again ASAP. :)

I am currently on windows 8.1 (if it matters).

Thor Odenson

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015

I run Vegas Platunum 12, was have the same issue. Found this youtube video and it worked for me

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc4YwhHgis4"][/video]

Hope this helps the rest of you.

TheSweMaster

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015

The Problem is that this only changes the compoundplug.dll to another plug.dll-file with .mp4 files and not the error codec with porting Shadowplay files to SVP (Sony Vegas Pro).
The only way I can see a fix to this problem is a new Plug-in to SVP or new Driver updates for Shadowplay, but so far Nvidia hasn't delivered any fixes in the past month...
Atm I temporarily convert the videos I have to another format which takes ages.

I am stating to give up... ;(

lifeofBrian

Estimable
Oct 11, 2015
I have this also, I have tried editing the codec folder, tried installing Quicktime but nothing works. I can upload old shadowplay videos fine. I'll have to contact nvidia, this is ridiculous, I have about 100GB of useless shadow play videos.

TheSweMaster

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
For Anyone that have this problem I can tell you that NVIDIA finally fixed this bug a few months ago in a driver update, so if you save some new ShadowPlay footage it will now work fine in Sony Vegas Pro 10-12.
But I am still really upset that it took them so long (4-6 months) to fix it because I still have a lot of old footage that I still need to convert before I can use it in a video and it is painfully slow to do that every time I want to make a new video. :(
In the Future I hope something like this won't happen again because NVIDIA's ShadowPlay recorder is really the best program to record and save highlights for gaming...
Anyway time to make some videos! :D