Sound Bar works with Cable box but not Netflix channel

rjmac53

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
Have RCA sound bar connected to Samsung smart TV via optical cable with a Cox cable box connected via HDMI. Sound bar works fine with Cox cable box but no sound playing any smart TV Video on Demand channel ie. Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Have to change speakers to TV Speakers hear them. Please help

Update...I neglected to state I do use an external Roku device instead of those Native to TV for streaming Video on Demand channels. It is connected to TV via HDMI. All devices have current firmware updates.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
Z Streaming Video & TVs 2
nickja1 Streaming Video & TVs 0
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 4
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
F Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 3
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
X Streaming Video & TVs 4
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 9
A Streaming Video & TVs 11
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Similar threads
Question How do I get surround sound to work with a Fire Cube when the receiver has no HDMI inputs
Question Sound not working
Question 55" TCL backlight and sound working, NO PICTURE
Question Audio from streaming on Ruko tv to Surround sound not working
Question Getting surround sound from my streaming tv using my receiver, not working
Hellen I have a Panasonic SA PT950 that's hooked up to my Emerson 55in, the aux sound from the tv doesn't work, but the sound
Bose Cinemate not producing sound for cable box, but works for Bluray on new Smart TV?
Solved! HDMI ARC Doesn't Work On Soundbar With PS4 Plugged To The TV
No sound on sanyo flat screen with firestick. Works fine with cable
The sound works when I stream (Netflix/Youtube, etc), but not when watching cable TV.
DVR sound drops out on LG TV and Soundbar but works fine with Game system and Blu-Ray
Cable card direct to TV with HDMI-No Sound, Cable card to AVR to TV audio works
Firestick works fine but no sound or picture on cable
I can't get my surround sound to work with the fire stick, the surround sound works with the cable, but I can't get it
Can't find a setting to let my Phillips smart TV work with rca 37 in sound bar
Does Optical work the same as Analog 5.1?
I connected my samsung sound bar to my Sharp Aquos TV with an optical cable. The sound bar works for my Blue ray and my FireSt
Cbar4 sound bar to tv ok but does not work to panasonic dvd obviously missing cables can email photos
Getting TV audio to work with sound system
No sound to BenQ monitor, HDMI and VGA won't work

ASK THE COMMUNITY