Sound not transmitting properly

Tigrium

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Firstly i'm not sure this is the right Forum, if it's not feel free to move to to the right one.

The problem I currently have is that my computer is not transmitting sound to anything apart from HDMI ports.
By this I mean that the usual method I use is with a Digital cable to my Receiver (Pioneer VSX-329) which then either transmits to my Speakers or - depending if it's connected or not - my headphones.
This worked flawlessly until I got a new GPU from my brother who got my old one since he bought a new GPU. (My main GPU is a 970 from Asus, my old is a 270x also from Asus, and the -new- GPU is a 750 Ti. Once that 750 was inserted into the System and i started the Computer my regular transmittion didn't work.
I tried removing the GPU but that didn't solve the problem. (I insterted it afterwards again, i will retry removing it to see if it works after I post this)
The funny thing is I can still transmit sound over HDMI to my monitors which have a speaker function which also works fine.

This is the things I've tried to far:

• Restarting the Computer

Plugging everything out, then in again

Installed new Sound Drivers

after that didn't work I fully deinstalled Sound Drivers and reinstalled new ones

I isolated the problem to the PC since I can still transmit sound over other cables to my receiver and it works fine

The problem is not confined to the Digital Cable since even using a Aux-RCA adapter, (which also works with the Receiver)

I attempted to directly connect my Headphones to the PC, which at first lead to it flashing on and off in the sound Menu, but now doesn't show up at all

I really don't know what to do right now, i've tried what i know to solve the problem, but right now the only option I see is doing a full reset of my system and reinstall windows and hope that fixes it, and if it doesn't maybe buy a new mobo or just a new sound card.

Tigrium

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

It is already the default playback device, however it does not appear to be transferring to the Receiver