XDSlayerDX

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
Hi there, I'm using an old lg tv (2005 model so it doesn't have hdmi ports) and my set top box has an hdmi port now I've also got a hdmi to dvi cord which I am using and my tv picks it up perfectly, however there's no sound, i've set the audio settings to play with the HDMI I've also tried coax cords to no avail, at the same time I have tried to have my PS4 play through this same tv and I do not get any visual or sound from that, I''m perplexed as to why the set top box is picked up perfectly fine visually and the PS4 isn't, any help would be greatly appreciated with either of these problems.

Thanks

Solution
not quite true. dvi-d is completely capable of carrying audio. i've used hdmi-dvid adapters for years without issue. it is only the earlier dvi itterations that did not have audio support. dvi-d has been around since at least 2003/4.

with that said, it could be that your tv doesnt have audio support however you would need to look in your manual. what does it list as acceptable input methods for audio.

as far as why you get no display from the ps4, is that from both the adapter and component cables? have you tried resetting the ps4 in case it is trying to output a format not accepted by the tv? on ps3 we needed to do the display reset in case of such issues.
not quite true. dvi-d is completely capable of carrying audio. i've used hdmi-dvid adapters for years without issue. it is only the earlier dvi itterations that did not have audio support. dvi-d has been around since at least 2003/4.

with that said, it could be that your tv doesnt have audio support however you would need to look in your manual. what does it list as acceptable input methods for audio.

as far as why you get no display from the ps4, is that from both the adapter and component cables? have you tried resetting the ps4 in case it is trying to output a format not accepted by the tv? on ps3 we needed to do the display reset in case of such issues.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS