Sound takes a few minutes to come through new device

Calcium20

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
This problem has only started recently. Pretty much, whenever I unplug the audio jack to my speakers and plug in the microphone jack to my headset (because that is just the kind of speakers and headset i have), it takes up to 3 minutes to receive sound coming from the headset if it being plugged in, and the speakers if they are being plugged in.
This has popped up recently and I haven't changed any software or hardware so I am unsure what is causing the problem.

Solution
Check your audio devices are working properly in Device Manager.

Is this a desktop PC?

Do you plug your speakers into the green port on the back of the PC? That's where they're supposed to go.

And do you plug your headset into the case mic and headphone jacks?

Check your audio devices are working properly in Device Manager.

Is this a desktop PC?

Do you plug your speakers into the green port on the back of the PC? That's where they're supposed to go.

And do you plug your headset into the case mic and headphone jacks?

Solution

Calcium20

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
Ill try plugging my speakers into the green port this time and see if it works. The headsets mic has a USB head and the headset speakers has an audio jack. I would just interchange the speaker jack and mic jack and it caused me no problems before.

Alright so I just tested it, and it seems to work perfectly using the green port which you told me about. All i have to do now i plug in my headset speakers whenever I need to use them and unplug when I don't.

Thanks for the help :)