Stick with PC363D or go with Headset Soundcard Combo

bigtony2691

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
I cant decide which headset to go with. I just purchased the Sennheiser PC363D and they sound pretty good but they definitely are lacking in the bass department. This really puts a hinder on the immersion for single player and music/movies. The software is also a joke. My question would be what headset to go with or if I should just switch to a headset soundcard combo. My budget is around $300 and I guess im just not to familiar with all the audiophile studio brands. Id be looking for a headset that has a great blend between being competitive and still be able to do fun stuff.

Solution
Some will agree that the 363D lacks bass, but I don't. What it probably lacks is a good soundcard / EQ software to match its capabilities. The USB card that comes with it is utter rubbish.

My advice is keep the 363D - it's a solid set, spend the money on a good internal soundcard. You can get the Asus Xonar DX for about $100 which is good enough. But if you get the Xonar Essence STX range for about $300, I doubt you'd go wrong.

If you still feel that the bass is insufficient after that, then perhaps your taste is suited towards closed acoustics headsets. If so, try the Sennheiser G4ME Zero or PC350SE.

davcsw

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Some will agree that the 363D lacks bass, but I don't. What it probably lacks is a good soundcard / EQ software to match its capabilities. The USB card that comes with it is utter rubbish.

My advice is keep the 363D - it's a solid set, spend the money on a good internal soundcard. You can get the Asus Xonar DX for about $100 which is good enough. But if you get the Xonar Essence STX range for about $300, I doubt you'd go wrong.

If you still feel that the bass is insufficient after that, then perhaps your taste is suited towards closed acoustics headsets. If so, try the Sennheiser G4ME Zero or PC350SE.

Solution