Such thing as a zif connector extension cable?

JoeRaptor

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

I really need a zif extension cable to try to get a working back-lit keyboard for my HP 2000 2cNR Laptop

JoeRaptor

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
I truly do not know what I need. I have a 32 pin zif socket for the keyboard soldiered onto my motherboard.

The motherboard has no 26 pin zif socket for back light.

My question is what to I do to get back light zif socket for the laptop keyboard I want

JoeRaptor

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

That is the reason I am asking for a zif extension cable. To support LED's on the keyboard. But thank you

I know, generally a keyboard with a backlight, you have two cables, one for the keyboard and the other for the light. But the keyboard you want to use, doesn't have the same number of pins to connect to the motherboard. If you had the same pins number, and it was compatible with your laptop, you could just power the light from somewhere on the motherboard.

JoeRaptor

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

Oh, well here is the keyboard I am looking for. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-for-HP-Pavilion-dm4-3000-DV4-4000-Keyboard-Backlit-Latin-Spanish-Teclado-/161698519054?hash=item25a5fb980e:g:tAoAAOSw2XFUa1md

I just want an extension to get the backlight or is it possible to solider a back light zif cable to the motherboard?

JoeRaptor

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

Would you happen to know a keyboard I can try??? I did mention my laptop (motherboard) was not compatible with back light in my initial comment, so I would a like an extension cable I could try to get back light. I

want to make it compatible.I know i'm being obnoxious lol, but I really want back light for my keyboard.

I have seen plenty of back light keyboard mods with motherboards that cannot support back light.

I saw one person used a battery to supply back light to his keyboard and other use his USB port to power the backlight, but how is the question.

The problem is not the modification to connect the lights, I know how to do it, do not worry about it. What you need to find is a backlit keyboard the same size and with the same cable as the original keyboard for your laptop. This is a little harder to find.

JoeRaptor

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016

So about the backlight, what do I do EXACTLY to get support? I've found the keyboard I want to use