Solved! Surround sound for home theatre

Dec 22, 2018
I have a very basic 5.1 home theatre(f&d 3800x) and i have connected it to my led tv. I notice that the surround sound effect is missing. I searched on the web a little and i saw i had to use an audio card or something. The basic problem is i also have an extra active subwoofer connected to the home theatre. How can surround sound be achieved ?
(I'm a complete noob in all this, my parents just gave me $200 for the setup but i still want the best for it.)

Solution
Sorry to tell your this F&D is not what you need.

F&D manual clearly shows (looking at the back panel says it all) it can only accepts discrete 5.1 analog input. TVs (all TVs) cannot output discrete surround signal. You need a sound system that is compatible with HDMI ARC (if your TV has this) or has Optical Input. All TV except the very super budget should have an Optical Output.
Sorry to tell your this F&D is not what you need.

F&D manual clearly shows (looking at the back panel says it all) it can only accepts discrete 5.1 analog input. TVs (all TVs) cannot output discrete surround signal. You need a sound system that is compatible with HDMI ARC (if your TV has this) or has Optical Input. All TV except the very super budget should have an Optical Output.

Solution