"svcvmx" Virus IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE (please help...)

ZRussell21

Prominent
May 9, 2017
I am currently having the most trouble I have had in a while....I currently have a virus by the name of "svcvmx" and I CANNOT DELETE IT TO SAVE MY LIFE....I have tried numerous threads throughout the universe of Google (which includes going into the registry, %LOCALAPPDATA%, msconfig.msc, etc.) and to no avail....I can not open ANY antivirus programs and I when I try to download new ones it pops up and says "the requested resource is in use." HELP ME PLEASE!

elbert

Distinguished
You should make a usb tool to clean your system. Use this tool on another system to make one of Live Antivirus Rescue CDs possibly AVG Rescue CD to remove viruses. Boot your system toboot menu and start the usb antvirus. Use it to scan your drives and fix or delete.

https://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

ZRussell21

Prominent
May 9, 2017
It doesn't work...i tried installing windows 10 onto my usb with the usb installer and everytime i try to run in on my infected computer from the usb it keeps saying that it couldn't start properly and to restart my computer and try it again.....

elbert

Distinguished
It doesnt install windows 10. That isnt in the list of things it can do. Scroll down in the link to find what it can do. The only windows like install is Hiren boot cd. Most of the other GUI based installs is linux based. You may have to set legacy support in bios.

ZRussell21

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Im sorry im a novice at all this new stuff.....ive grown up and only know of windows so im not sure what linux is or any of the other installs that it had on the list..

0ldsch00l

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Live Linux distro should do as well or something like Drweb that boots from a CD.

Thing is if it gets rid of virus traces then the issue of fixing damage to OS...

IMHO I rarely go through the tedious task of completly cleaning a system anymore, if they pay sure. BUt a fresh install better yet backup image does wonders in less then 30 min. Always keep disk images just in case and I recommend and will do same for a customer, less time less hassle and less they have to spend

ZRussell21

Prominent
May 9, 2017
I have already tried working in safe mode for the most part....unless i did something wrong as far as deleting certain files or starting certain programs...even in safe mode i get the same "the requested resource is in use" error and i cant delete the "svcvmx" or "winvmx" folders....i also have folders labeled "ntuserlitelist" and "llssoft" that i also can not delete and im pretty sure they are related to this annoying virus

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
Have you tried launching Windows defender from command prompt or any other available from command prompt, interrupting the boot with F8 and choosing command line with networking?

The only other thing I can think of is that it's a root virus or related, so you may need to pull the hdd, boot up another pc, hotplug your hdd and run a full scan that way, bypassing your OS startup.

aford10

Distinguished
Manually trying to delete virus trace files wouldn't be my first approach. You won't know all the directories it's buried, and it's too easy to miss some pieces. There's a difference between safe mode, and safe mode with networking. You need the network connection to be able to install and pull down the latest virus definitions.

Slaving your HDD drive is another great option, as mentioned by karadjgne. Though, that requires you to have the hardware available to do so.

ZRussell21

Prominent
May 9, 2017
I have tried safemode with networking....the problem is that even in safemode with networking i still am not able to start any antivirus program at all.....and how would i hotplug my hdd? that is the first time i have ever heard of even being able to do that? I am totally NOT against just wiping my hard drive and starting from scratch i just do not know where to start or how to do that.....i am very desperate to get rid of this stupid virus....

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
You can actually have Windows Defender (or a few 3rd party AV) scan your pc at boot, without even starting safe mode or standard windows.
Turn on pc
Directly after post, in the same place you'd normally start mashing the DEL key for bios, instead mash either F5 or F8. This'll bring up the boot options menu. It's here you choose Command line with networking which leaves you with the 'C:/' prompt. From there, follow the AV direction of the one you use. At this interruption, windows is not loaded, nothing is loaded except for the driver files, so no exe's have yet been started. What you are doing is jumping into the actual pc before windows, so any virus except a root virus has not yet been started.

Hot plugging needs usually to be allowed (default is off) in bios, but essentially it's adding a hdd to a pc, while the pc is on and running. With the OS being loaded on your hdd, if you add it to another pc, it'll try and boot from both, so you have to pick the OS that's definitely not yours, and hope that Windows doesn't include anything from your hdd. Hot plugging gets around all that, windows being already up and running, so adding your hdd is no different than adding a USB device. Just don't open it, leave it closed, use the Antivirus to scan it as is.

Barring all that, last option is wipe everything, do a secure format (overwrites everything with a bunch of 1's, sometimes called a military format) and then delete the partition. Reinstall Windows. There isn't a virus made that'll survive all that.

ZRussell21

Prominent
May 9, 2017
ok i am just going to go with the secure format because i dont have much on the infected computer as is but i need some help on doing that as far as if there is any free way or if i can do it with my usb....like i said before this is my first time dealing with all of this so i will need all the help i can get lol......

ZRussell21

Prominent
May 9, 2017
ok...i booted it from my usb and now i have the option of where i want to install it....i have 9 options..."drive 0 partition 1-7 and then drive 1 partition 1 and drive 1 unallocated space....which one should i choose??