Switching between headphones & speakers

miketen587

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
I'm looking for away to quickly switch my audio output from headphones to speakers. I've been tooling around in the Realtek High Def Audio software, and can't seem to figure it out...or if its even possible for that matter.

I have my speakers hooked up to the back audio jack, and my headphones get plugged into the front audio jack.

Basically I'm looking for a way to keep my headphones plugged into the front audio jack at all times, but be able to quickly switch to using my speakers for the ouput device, and then back to headphones as the output device, the same way.

Anyone?

plugging in and pulling out the headphone plug effectively does what you want. the change automatically happens in a split second. you can not get much easier than that.

in order to accomplish the same thing through a physical switch you would have to get a 3.5mm splitter and you might definitely have to mess around in audio options as i forsee the autodetect failing in such cases. more trouble than it is worth i think.

if your pc does not disable the rear ports you could swap outputs using sound manager.