T-Mobile Rips on iPhone 4 for Both Verizon, AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]pakardbell486dx2[/nom]1 g, 2g, 3g, 4g.........50g who cares when such terms have no real meaning but a market scam[/citation]
They do have meaning and have official goals for each, it's the carriers who decide they don't wanna pay attention and use whatever number is higher just to one up the competition. Someone should step in and punish the carrier who use terms like 3G or 4G when their network really doesn't hit the speed marks set to be called 3G or 4G. Just like you need to meet certain speed goals and specs for a router or WiFi to be called WiFi G or N there should be the same for 3G, 4G or whatever number.

shortbus25

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Ha Ha I like it but around here where I live AT&T or T-Mobile don't work at all so I'm kinda stuck with Verizon. In fact in the places they do work I never travel. Further more why does it matter what network internet speed they have just about every company or store has WiFi now like Wal-Mart, McDonalds, Hell even Kroger has WiFi pretty much I don't need a phone that has 3g 4g 5g or whatever they get next make mine have WiFi ability and thats all I need hell you shouldn't be playing on the internet while driving anyway so pretty much don't need it while driving...

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]They do have meaning and have official goals for each, it's the carriers who decide they don't wanna pay attention and use whatever number is higher just to one up the competition. Someone should step in and punish the carrier who use terms like 3G or 4G when their network really doesn't hit the speed marks set to be called 3G or 4G. Just like you need to meet certain speed goals and specs for a router or WiFi to be called WiFi G or N there should be the same for 3G, 4G or whatever number.[/citation]

Actually....to be called "WiFi G or N"...it's 802.11G or 802.11N...the device must meet ALL of the specifications including broadcast signal strength/power and maximum connection speed. A 802.11N connection can run as slow as 11mbps (802.11b) or as fast as 300mbps (full speed 802.11N). There is also a 150mbps variation of the 802.11N spec. The speed rating in the spec is deemed the "maximum capable connection rate"....not the required connection rate.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Who cares what carrier the phone is on? Its still an iphone and its still overpriced overhyped crap. Eitherway I've never had verizon service so I cannot comment, but Mom and sisters have tmobile, dad has at&t and I have sprint, between those 3 at&t is the worst imo.

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Who cares what carrier the phone is on? Its still an iphone and its still overpriced overhyped crap. Eitherway I've never had verizon service so I cannot comment, but Mom and sisters have tmobile, dad has at&t and I have sprint, between those 3 at&t is the worst imo.

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Hows the basement look down there T Mobile, its where 3rd place networks reside. LOL FAIL.[/citation]

3rd in the US maybe but then again who cares about T-mobile in the US? they only got the fastest 3g and "4g" network in america compared to At&thieves and very good customer service as well as lenient prices....but they are only a european company so who cares? Yes, a T-mobile fanboy for making my life easier with $65 unlimited everything :)

P.S. Iphone can shit in its hat.

spentshells

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
[citation][nom]pakardbell486dx2[/nom]1 g, 2g, 3g, 4g.........50g who cares when such terms have no real meaning but a market scam[/citation]
wrong

ventanni

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
I would like to respectfully dispute the second paragraph of the article. I'm no gung-ho T-Mobile user, but I did have an iPhone on their network for well over a year, and it worked just fine. If you have an unlocked iPhone and you call T-Mobile, they can provide you with service.

With that said, the reason we're seeing these somewhat ridiculous T-Mobile ads as of late is because if the company doesn't start turning a profit, they will belly up. Marketing has always been T-Mobile's weak point. Give 'em some credit for a change. The girl is cute!

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
As much as I think Iphones are the most overrated consumer items in history along with macs (ipods are the truth though) this sounds like sour grapes. I bet if apple came to them tomorrow and said we want to do a deal for a t-mobile iphone they would fall all over themselves saying yes.

G

trash mobile, whats the point of a fast network if there is no coverage?

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
I've got Tmobile with a MyTouch (sttuuuuppiiddd name for a very, very slick HTC phone) and it's been a great experience.

Put it this way: Tmobile may be a lousy third, but if someone asked me if I wanted to move up to number two... I would have to say "No".

Well, "Hell no". No way I would ever switch to AT&T

Cash091

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
People ripping on 4G are just jealous that they don't have it! I personally don't want to spend extra to get it myself, but I can admit to give credit when credit is due! 4G is definately faster than 3G and there is no doubt about it. It's like comparing a dual core to a quad core!!! Or a 260GTX to 460GTX!!!
Now the iPhone on Verizon is a big deal because it was def the last gem AT&T really had... Even though it is on 3G, it will still be a huge seller. However, if T-Mobile were to get a 4G version there is no doubt it would dominate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.