Tablets for kids

mmdivcre

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
ive done a lot of research on tablets for kids and other tablets. however I am still confused on what to buy. there are some good kids tablets.I just don't know what and where to choose. im looking for a tablet for a 4 year old.i would like it to have apps and be able to add apps for free and or little cost. Also had a thought on looking in ebay for an ipad mini after hearing they are awesome for everyone and the apple app store. Any open suggestions is welcome :)

Solution
Well, I have never bought a tablet for a kid before, but I have the Asus Nexus 7 from 2013 and it is still working perfectly and fast until now. It is pretty small and light, perfect size for a normal size hand, not sure about a 4 year old, lol. So maybe you could check it out, I think it is only half the price now, I bought it for $300.

-Lone-

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014
Well, I have never bought a tablet for a kid before, but I have the Asus Nexus 7 from 2013 and it is still working perfectly and fast until now. It is pretty small and light, perfect size for a normal size hand, not sure about a 4 year old, lol. So maybe you could check it out, I think it is only half the price now, I bought it for $300.

Solution

HighRabbit

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
Well, I'd recommend buying the Nvdia Shield Tablet. As he's 4 year-old kid, he'll love the front facing speakers and incredibly good gaming experience thanks to its Nvidia K1 processor. Also, it has a really good build quality, so some drops or shakes won't make something bad for tablet. However, just don't buy any "kids edition" tablet. They're very low-specs and you don't need those gums as the kids nowadays are really smart with the tech.

MC_Stigman

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
Personally I think 4 years old is a bit young for a tablet but the iPad Mini is really simple to use and would be ideal. I have a nexus 7 (2013) and it's good for me but it's not the simplest thing to use.

HomeMarketer

Estimable
Mar 24, 2015
depending on the kids age I would probably just get them a cheap generic one from tesco or something until they are more of an age where they can have more valuable things without breaking them :)

Iamsoda

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

get a kurio tablet. Cheap still pretty good build and made for kids