Teen Accidentally Shoots Brother While Posing for Facebook Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

itzsnypah

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Stop posting this cherry picked garbage. This is a tech site not a Tabloid.

Somebody is going to cry gun control. This has nothing to do with that, only firearm education.

I wouldn't mind basic firearm education being required learning in schools. If everybody knew the 10 rules of safe gun handling (http://nssf.org/safety/basics/) less tragic crap like this would happen.

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]acerace[/nom]Whaaaaattttt. Like seriously?[/citation]

welcome to the real world .. my room mate prefer to tell me that she has a bf from facebook in staid of telling me in person ...

we leave in such a fake planet where your profile and friend list on facebook is more important than real friends and real relationship and this semester i had to write an essay about facebook .. i never wrote so many bs in my life

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I know facebook is another tool to connect with people but only if you are alive. The sister should had stuck shooting pictures with a camera.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
If Ortiz took a photo pointing a gun to himself, then he saw it coming. I won't say it was well deserved but it was far from an accident.

G

Firearms don't kill people, facebook does!!

We need to shut down this fuckin social media bullshit.

captjack5169

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
The issue here is gun safety. Why the hell was it loaded. Did he check the breach. I mean how can you fake that. Duh I was posing and my gun went off. Its really simple you don't ever put your finger or anything else near that trigger unless you want to hear a really loud noise.

G

People using a gun for protecting themselves from a violent criminal does not get any media attention but these tragic accidents sure do. Unfortunately people will do stupid things, gun safety education is the only way to reduce accidents.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]itzsnypah[/nom]...Somebody is going to cry gun control. This has nothing to do with that, only firearm education...[/citation]
You may want to check on that basic concept of physical presence/non-presence. I can pretty much guarantee that if there was no gun there, education or not, no one would have been shot.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
This is not technology news. Nobody comes here to read about stuff like this. It's in the Software section? Why? Because they were taking Facebook photos? Really?

Please stop posting articles like this.

G

>point loaded gun at something and pull trigger
>accidental
Nope.

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Look at all the nerds " why is this on toms /cry " shut the hell up nerds no one cares what you think . Its on toms bc facebook is involved . I thought it was good news , if you are posing pics with guns on facebook then someone was probably going to shoot you anyways bc you think your hard.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]captjack5169[/nom]The issue here is gun safety. Why the hell was it loaded. Did he check the breach. I mean how can you fake that. Duh I was posing and my gun went off. Its really simple you don't ever put your finger or anything else near that trigger unless you want to hear a really loud noise.[/citation]

Rule #1 of gun safety (really the only one that needs to be observed) is never point it at something you don't want to shoot, regardless of ANYTHING even the presence of bullets.

Status
Not open for further replies.