The sound on my Pioneer VSX-822 receiver keeps cutting out.

k-murray

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
After a few seconds the sound cuts out or sometimes I cannot get any sound at all on my Pioneer VSX-822 receiver which is only 5 years old. I hooked a speaker and DVD up directly to it and got the same results.

Solution
Could be an overheating issue. Could be a failed component. Could be bad solder. If a DVD player directly connected with a speaker has dropouts, then it is an internal problem. You MIGHT be able to visually identify an issue, but more likely it will require someone with a multimeter, O-Scope and schematic.

Considering that model sells used on E-Bay for less than $100 it probably isn't worth fixing.

kanewolf

Judicious
Could be an overheating issue. Could be a failed component. Could be bad solder. If a DVD player directly connected with a speaker has dropouts, then it is an internal problem. You MIGHT be able to visually identify an issue, but more likely it will require someone with a multimeter, O-Scope and schematic.

Considering that model sells used on E-Bay for less than $100 it probably isn't worth fixing.

Solution