The Table Perfect for Your 52" LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
The problem with Siamun's offering is that the relatively gaudy chrome may turn off homeowners with more understated tastes.
Gaudy Chrome? Try 1970s era wood stain! I haven't seen a product with such a dark (ugly) stain for decades!

G

I saw one that essentially did the same thing last year but it was around 1k. My GF brought up a good point what do you do when the motor dies because you know its going to happen. Also I almost forgot it had a blue back light to the storage area where the TV went.

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
That is about the ugliest behemoth piece of furniture I've ever seen....my crappy cardboard/wood-impersonating IKEA thingy will do just fine.

Silicon Jesus

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I just don't get why. The table would look odd without a tv on it. You can't put much on it, or the tv will knock it over when it comes up/the object will obstruct the view. Does anyone really find flat-panel tv's so hideous that the would pay $5000 to hide one? I guess since the gap between the rich and the poor is increasing, the rich need to find new crap to blow their money on.

slaphappy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
[citation][nom]Silicon Jesus[/nom]I just don't get why. The table would look odd without a tv on it. You can't put much on it, or the tv will knock it over when it comes up/the object will obstruct the view. [/citation] Just glue some potted plants to the top of the tv, duh. That way they will move up and down with the tv.

s4fun

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Why would anyone want to hide their fancy new TV that they'd want to show off to their friends? Stupid ugly crap.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
"The problem with Siamun's offering is that the relatively gaudy chrome may turn off homeowners with more understated tastes. The $4500 list price is also beyond the reach of most buyers. Worse, based on Siamun's product page, the motorized stand is customized for your TV upon order. This means using the stand with another model may not be possible."

Sooo....In other words it an overpriced piece of crap.

rdhood

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
How about a $25 wall mount from monoprice, wiring through the wall to electronics? It's clean, it's tight, it's CHEAP.

In any given room, there is usually a "best" spot to put the TV that is dependent on entrance/exit, seating, lighting, etc. It is not something that is going to move around. Why take up valuable floor space when they are so easily and inexpensively wall mounted?

G

Im spending $4500 on a table, yet im living with a 52inch TV. That does not sound right at all!

Wall Mounting and 70inch TV sounds less stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.