Thinkpad E465 - Screen Upgrade to FHD--Will I also need to buy a different video cable?

Qalawun

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
[ Edited ]
Options
Hello,

My first time posting ( I apologize if I have posted in the wrong section)

Can you please tell me if my laptop's video cable supports the 1920x1080p LCD screen? This is because I plan to buy the 1920x1080p screen but it does not come with another video cable. In other words, my graphics card (2GB AMD Radeon R6 M340DX) supports  1920x1080p but I NEED TO CONFIRM IF MY video cable that came with the laptop will also work with
 Laptop model -- (TYPE 20EX-CT0**) - Please let me know if I need to buy a new video cable and if it is sold by Lenovo-IBM parts.

I have also attached the page with the screens from Lenovo website  using my seriel # and -- Please view attachment:
--14" HD AG, Nontouch, Slimflat200nit
--14" INX FHD IPS, N/touch, AG, slim - Part #--00PA889

To reiterate, I need to know if I must purchase another video cable for the FHD IPS screen? If so, then I only see the following cable:
--CABLE, LCD cable, n-touch, Intel - Part #: 00HT607

or is the current that works with my 1366x768 screen sufficient?

I eagerly await your response,
Take Care
Ammar

Solution
Hi Qalawun,

I found your post on
Lenovo website as well.

Check the description written on the cable first, I see some details written on it. Secondly, you don't usually require different internal cables. If the LCD you are installing is supported to your machine you are good to go with current cable. The cable mentioned there must be for in case your current cable gets faulty.

PeterKendrick

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
Hi Qalawun,

I found your post on
Lenovo website as well.

Check the description written on the cable first, I see some details written on it. Secondly, you don't usually require different internal cables. If the LCD you are installing is supported to your machine you are good to go with current cable. The cable mentioned there must be for in case your current cable gets faulty.

Solution