Toshiba Satellite l755 Shows AC and Battery Lights, but Will Not Turn On

rmoney

Estimable
Dec 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have a Toshiba Satellite l755-s5214 (2009 model) that I bought a few years back. Recently, I decided to replace the CPU from its original i3 2310m to a i5 560m. When I first disabled the laptop and tried to turn it back on, the battery and AC lights came on. The power light comes on briefly (for about 3 seconds), but the power would not turn on. The fan is not spinning and the screen does not show any life.

I realize this may be a problem with other laptops, so please don't concentrate on the type of laptop. Thanks!

When I replaced the CPU, the same effect happened. When I replaced the Hard Drive, the same thing happened.
I tried:
Booting the computer without ram
Pressing the power without each individual component (Respectively)
I have tried resetting the BIOS
Tried to discharge any left over static electricity on the motherboard
Every combination of not using the battery or charger I could think of

Also, when I take out the AC charger, the Battery light goes out. The battery light is still off but i press the power button, and the light turns on briefly.
I am afraid that the motherboard may be fried, but since this problem only occurred when I dismantled the laptop, I am inclined to think there may be another solution, maybe something I'm doing wrong.

Please help with any suggestions you can think of. I really want to avoid having to buy a new laptop or a new motherboard, so anything you have will help. Thanks a lot in advance!!

rmoney

Estimable
Dec 8, 2014

Clearly I was wrong. I don't know what I was thinking, maybe I just bought the wrong one. Anyway, I put the old processor back in (Nothing was wrong with it, I just wanted a faster one) and the power light turns on for about 10 seconds and I can hear the hard drive spin, then it loses power. Any ideas? BTW thanks a lot for the other suggestion. I have been looking at this thing too closely for too long.

UPDATE:
Actually it may be the CD drive spinning, not the hard drive.