DK-maTTy

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Trying to fix a Toshiba Satellite Pro C650 Model: PSC09A-01W021

Once I get to the log in screen/locked screen on windows 7 Home Premium NOTHING works, Mouse pad don't work, no keys work, I've tried some solutions but nothing seems to work..

I hear what sounds like a screw that is running around inside/under the keyboard..

However Plugging in a USB Mouse, the mouse lights up/powers up yet wont move the curer, Tried plugging in a USB keyboard and still this does nothing..

I had to pull out the batter to get to the BOIS screen, once in BIOS everything seems to work, keyboard is fine, I even used an external USB Keyboard in the BIOS without issue. I restored the BOIS defaults yet same problem.

I cant move the curer or use keyboard to type in the password to log into the account..

Anyone heard of such a thing? What could this be? Im left with backing up the HDD & reinstalling windows, maybe its just a bug or virus? Yet whats this sound inside? Sounds like a loose screw but its not interfering with the keyboard thats for sure as the keyboard works with the BIOS..

Any Ideas anyone?

Solution
It sounds like your Operating System isn't responding. Try pressing the num lock and scroll lock keys to check if your keyboard is active.

Another thing you can try is going to the BIOS and check if you have disabled any devices such as your touchpad, try enabling if so. OR...

you have corrupted system files and you will need to use your install disc to fix those. OR....

you have defective hardware and if so, I would recommend you getting it repaired or something if you are still under warranty.

learningbitbybit

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015
It sounds like your Operating System isn't responding. Try pressing the num lock and scroll lock keys to check if your keyboard is active.

Another thing you can try is going to the BIOS and check if you have disabled any devices such as your touchpad, try enabling if so. OR...

you have corrupted system files and you will need to use your install disc to fix those. OR....

you have defective hardware and if so, I would recommend you getting it repaired or something if you are still under warranty.

Solution

DK-maTTy

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Restoring the BIOS to its default would fix anything disabled I'd imagine. I've taken out the HDD, backing everything up to my PC then going to try re-installing windows..

learningbitbybit

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015

Sounds good, report back.

DK-maTTy

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Will do, seems to be working however I have no idea if it had Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit or 64bit.. Anyone have any idea's before I install because im using a pirated Windows CD with an original Windows 7 Key.. Would it matter if I install 64bit Windows 7 and it was originally Windows 32bit? Will they key still work?

learningbitbybit

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015

I'm sorry but we can't help when something has been pirated and there is an issue :( Well, if you are planning to go that route, you might have to save every file etc because it is a full install.

DK-maTTy

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I fixed it, however there was a rattling sound under the keyboard, I decided to open it up as the laptop froze a few times, a capacitor has come off, its on the back of the mother board, its mark on the motherboard as C2004, the capacitor has blue writing on it, its the only one with blue writing, it says:

E12u
6.3v

Any idea what this could be? instructions online are so small I cant seem to find it nor can I find what this capacitor does and I cant see it being soldered back on very well as it doesn't have long wires, no wires at all..

Any idea what this capacitor could be for??

learningbitbybit

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015

The rattling noise probably indicates that something for caught in the fan. My suggestion to you would be to remove the casing, check and clean if there is anything caught.

Here is an intro to what capacitors are: http://www.capacitorlab.com/basic/