Tranferring files that may be corrupted to an SD card, or repair them

lzell99

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
I am trying to transfer 53 GB of files, mostly jpeg, to a larger SD card, but only 30 GB transfers. The reason is that the transfer stops because it says the file is corrupted. (I don"t think they are because they opened OK on my Android phone.) I checked, "skip on all of these files," and I assume the remaining 20 GB were corrupted. Is there a better way of transferring them that will move all these files regardless of corruption? If not is there a reliable file file repair software that can scan thee files and detect the corrupted ones and repair them?

Solution
You can leave the card in the phone and then connect the phone to a computer via USB cord. Move the files into an empty file on the computer and then move them over to the SD card using the same connection (via USB). Now if the files are corrupted, you may be able to fix some or all, depending on the damage, by opening them and then reseaving them while on the computer. There are also some programs out there that may help with saving them.

NOTE: I would suggest moving all files over to the computer originally. Then try testing the SD card for any problems. Making sure that the problem isn't the card.
You can leave the card in the phone and then connect the phone to a computer via USB cord. Move the files into an empty file on the computer and then move them over to the SD card using the same connection (via USB). Now if the files are corrupted, you may be able to fix some or all, depending on the damage, by opening them and then reseaving them while on the computer. There are also some programs out there that may help with saving them.

NOTE: I would suggest moving all files over to the computer originally. Then try testing the SD card for any problems. Making sure that the problem isn't the card.

Solution

lzell99

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017

lzell99

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion as well as other ways of transferring the files only to realize I had a faulty SD card which I should have checked first.