Trying to boot from usb to do a clean install on a acer iconia w510p

jakelpl

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
I have an acer iconia notebook w510p with windows 8 installed, however it has an account on which I have no access to, therefore I tried to boot from a usb to completely wipe and do a clean install but whenever the option to choose a language comes up I have no means of pressing next as the keyboard and touch screen capabilities are not working

ebm9000

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
Try a USB keyboard. If that doesn't work, you may want to research making an unattended installation. (All you have to do there once it is setup is to boot from the drive and the installation will begin immediately, but it WILL WIPE YOUR DRIVE!)

jakelpl

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

it only has one usb port otherwise i would try that, might have to purchase a splitter in that case.

in response to the unattended installation wouldnt i need to be able to get onto the notebook in the first place which i cant do :(

ebm9000

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
No, as an unattended installation is a special file that is placed on the installation media that, when the setup is booted, will read the settings off that file and start the installation immediately.

jakelpl

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

how do i get this file and where do i put it within the usb? thanks for the help :)