Turtle Beach X12 - No Microphone Icon

Steve McGuinness

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
Anyone know how I can sort this?

Bought and plugged a set of Turtle Beach X12 headphones. Great quality sound, but the microphone doesnt work.

Ive gone through a few online solutions videos and threads, suggesting I need to go into control panel > Hardward & Sound > Sound, and then adjust the microphone settings, but, there IS no microphone to adjust, All i get is this

http://s27.postimg.org/7fw0coscz/Screenshot_2.jpg

The device is properly connected, but there are no options, and the PC to the best of my knowledge does not have an onboard recording device. I can hear when its turned on that the Microphone is working, but there is nothing transmitting to the PC.

Any help appreciated.

Nerumph

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
From what I know about TB and from what I am seeing online, there should be an included 3.5mm connector for the mic (the pink connector). I would try connecting it to the mic jack on your soundcard to see if you can at least get line audio.

Also, in the recording tab, have you right-clicked and ensure both "show disabled" and "show disconnected" devices are selected? If not, go ahead and do so.

Steve McGuinness

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
Ive connected the microphone jack, and tried every combination of connection involving the USB slot.

I think its a software issue. The Microphone icon should be available once I plug into the jack, but its simply not showing up to allow me to configure it. The microphone itself seems to work, but there is no connection to the PC (I can hear its working, in the headset, but the PC cannot detect a microphone is connected, nor anything that is said through the microphone).

Nerumph

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
So your saying when you connect the 3.5mm connector, you don't get any sort of popup telling you a mic has been connected? If that is the case, I would recommend searching your motherboard's model and seeing if the manufacturer has any sort of drivers available for the onboard audio.

Also, do you have any other 3.5mm connector that you could plug into the mic port to see if that gives you the popup? Even if it is an old pair of headphones, it should act like a mic temporarily to test rather or not it is your port/ drivers that is the issue.