Solved! TV doesn’t display picture from Sony disk player

406cimarron

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018
Hello I have a vizio tv and sony Blu-ray BDPs590. When I connect the two using HDMI the screen is completely blank - it works fine with AV. I’ve make sure the cable is ok. The Sony HDMI out is fine (it worked fine with another monitor). The TV HDMI input is fine too (tried connecting another device). I also tried factory resetting the Sony display settings. The same TV and Sony player have worked well before bia HDMI. I’m at a loss on what the issue is.

Solution

This is true of all other cables, but HDMI, those puppies can be finicky, and somebody else, at another thread just finally disclosed after a series of long posts he has a 50 footer, this would definitely be a problem for HDMI. Keep it under 6 ft and I don't complaint, after that, you are on your own.

This is true of all other cables, but HDMI, those puppies can be finicky, and somebody else, at another thread just finally disclosed after a series of long posts he has a 50 footer, this would definitely be a problem for HDMI. Keep it under 6 ft and I don't complaint, after that, you are on your own.

Solution

406cimarron

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018
Strangely, a different HDMI cable solved the problem. Doesn’t make sense to me since both cables worked with other devices. They are both 6 feet long. My issue is resolved! Although I’m wondering why this happened. Thanks for your inputs.