Unable to detect and remove SearchSixty/Search60 search engine in Chrome

dylanisveryhot123

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Greetings,

Whenever I launch chrome, I start on the default Google homepage, but whenever I type something in and hit enter, I get redirected to search60.com, although my default search engine was set to Google. I attempted to change the default address bar search engine but the option to do such was not there. My first thought was that I had malware, so I ran Norton, Avast, Malwarebytes, Hitmanpro, and Zemana antimalware. Surprisingly, nothing was found on either of them... I than opened the control panel and looked for suspicious programs that needed to be uninstalled, once again there were nothing out of the ordinary. I completely uninstalled Chrome 4 times now, and deleted any strange extensions that were installed.

I am running Windows 10.

Thanks.

Below is a link to an image of attempting to change the chrome search engine but notice the option is not there.
https://gyazo.com/c0fe800782f6598a98dfb4f1d0eb926e

dylanisveryhot123

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
Quick little update. I’ve completely given up at this point... my pc is getting slower every minute to the point where most of its functions refuse to work. I tried to reset windows 10 through the recovery options in the settings and to my delight, pressing the button did absolutely nothing. I tried to use a recovery disk through the boot menu and it doesn’t even work, it’s just a black screen. Looks like it’s time i throw away the computer.

dylanisveryhot123

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017

I tried to use the tool already multiple times to try and put the installation media onto my flash drive. Upon selecting the flash drive I wanted to install it on, I got onto the "Installing Windows 10" screen. After getting to 100% it switched over to a "Creating Windows Media" or something like that screen. The download is stuck at 0%.