Solved! Unable to restore Toshiba Satellite Laptop to Factory Settings.

rodbrook17

Prominent
Jul 25, 2017
My computer became very slow and ended up with a virus. I had a friend try to reset it but in my opinion ended up worse because I was unable to connect to internet unless I used a D-Link adapter (while I luckily had).
I've tried the 0, F8, F12, restore to previous point. I keep getting an error saying there is files missing and to insert CD or USB.
I honestly have no idea what that means.
Any help please?

Solution
yes,happened to me just yesterday.

if your friend has a computer him self,then you should follow the steps i will mention below:
i also could'nt do any thing to my acer laptop and end up freezing every second.

1:eek:pen your laptop,
2:take the hard drive out,
3:buy a sata to usb 3.0 connecter,(or if you have one your self,)
4:scan it with your friend's laptop or pc.MAKE SURE HE HAS A ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE,other wise his computer will also go broken.
thats what i did to my laptop and i reset the whole thing once i got it scaned.

good luck!and tell me how did it go! :)

Bardebay

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
yes,happened to me just yesterday.

if your friend has a computer him self,then you should follow the steps i will mention below:
i also could'nt do any thing to my acer laptop and end up freezing every second.

1:eek:pen your laptop,
2:take the hard drive out,
3:buy a sata to usb 3.0 connecter,(or if you have one your self,)
4:scan it with your friend's laptop or pc.MAKE SURE HE HAS A ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE,other wise his computer will also go broken.
thats what i did to my laptop and i reset the whole thing once i got it scaned.

good luck!and tell me how did it go! :)

Solution

What do you mean "try to reset it", what exactly was that? A clean Windows setup? A restore point? Something else? Did you or them install drivers for the laptop from Toshiba if you did a new Windows setup?