Using a secondary browser makes my computer temporarily freeze up.

Feb 25, 2018
I use Firefox as my main browser, but sometimes I use like Google Chrome or Opera for using different Facebook accounts and stuff like that. But when I open up my secondary browser, it makes my internet stop working for a little bit and I can't do anything on my computer.

Anyone else experienced this? If so any suggestions on how to fix it?

Solution
- Do you get the same initial freeze when you launch G Chrome by itself ? or firefox by itself?
- What kind of system freeze are you exactly experiencing : non responsiveness of the whole system windows 10 or just a freeze of a specific software or application ? and for how long for minutes? seconds ?
- Could you replicate the freeze when opening specific we browser window/tab content ( like a youtube video)
- Does the freeze occur if browser ONE is launched from scratch ( fresh single blank page or google com) then the second one is launched in a blank page?
- Does opening Chrome first then firefox replicates the freeze?
- Do you have both browsers running at their latest versions ?
- Are your internet settings for your browsers at...
Agree with rgd1101.

Use Task Manager and Performance Monitor to watch what is happening on your system.

Open Task Manager without any browsers open.

Watch the system for a few minutes. Then open Firefox. Again watch Task Manager.

Then open the second browser and watch again.

As stated by rgd1101 you will probably be able to identify which resource is being used up and by what application, process, or service.

Just be patient and watch carefully. And remember the columns can be sorted high to low or low to high by clicking the column header.

Feb 25, 2018
Thanks for the answers guys. I tried checking in the Task Manager, CPU seems fine. Memory does go up a bit, but never higher than around 40ish%(Firefox seems to be a main culprit for taking up quite a bit of memory after using it for a few hours) from what I've seen. Also it's weird that it's almost like it makes my internet connection stop for a bit when the freezing happens.

https://i.imgur.com/58mX3PW.png

https://i.imgur.com/txjBh4C.png

https://i.imgur.com/0R69baz.png

I had the task manager open when the internet stopped loading pages for about 20 seconds maybe? And none of the values seem to go up to any lofty levels exactly.

Certainly seems to be showing in the Ethernet graph.

My thought is that opening the second browser causes a spike in traffic.

Takes the "20 seconds" or so to do the necessary reconfigurations, phoning home, check for updates, whatever.

Browsers may just not initially play well together.

Work more with Resource Monitor, Tab Network and hopefully you will be able to discover some process or services that are launching and grabbing bandwidth.

And remember that you can click the column titles to sort the data.

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
- Do you get the same initial freeze when you launch G Chrome by itself ? or firefox by itself?
- What kind of system freeze are you exactly experiencing : non responsiveness of the whole system windows 10 or just a freeze of a specific software or application ? and for how long for minutes? seconds ?
- Could you replicate the freeze when opening specific we browser window/tab content ( like a youtube video)
- Does the freeze occur if browser ONE is launched from scratch ( fresh single blank page or google com) then the second one is launched in a blank page?
- Does opening Chrome first then firefox replicates the freeze?
- Do you have both browsers running at their latest versions ?
- Are your internet settings for your browsers at their default ?
- Is your Vishera CPU running at full throttle? (windows 10 power option high performance + Bios setting disable cpu power saving).
- What kind of system drive are you running ( SSD , hdd)

Solution