VIDEO: A Short and Sweet Clip of HP's Slate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
"Do you like the look of it or even the idea? Or do you, like me, think it's too early to tell because there's no specifications, price or a hard release date?"

That hasn't stopped the media orgy over the Apple Tablet.

It looks to me like Microsoft and HP have beaten Apple to the punch, releasing a slim tablet that runs Windows 7, allowing people to have a truly portable tablet PC, and not a crippled, closed off piece of junk.

I still can't figure out why the media isn't all over this item hyping it. If it were Apple that just displayed this exact same item, the media would be proclaiming it the creation of god and how it will revolutionize our lives.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]homrqt[/nom]I saw that Jane typed "in the mood to tease" and I blacked out for a little bit. Where am I...?[/citation]

I'm writing CES coverage in a onesie with cats on it. Couldn't be less attractive if I tired.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I'm writing CES coverage in a onesie with cats on it. Couldn't be less attractive if I tired.[/citation]
A onesie? Rawr...

Btw my previous comment wasn't at you, Tom's hasn't been a terrible shark in the Apple tablet waters.

mustwarnothers

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Other than the cutting edge teat suckers, can someone please explain to me why ANYONE would need a tablet PC?

People have iPods for music/movies, Netbooks for music/movies/programs/email, Smartphones for music/movies/programs/talk/navigation/email.

What possible reason could anyone have for owning a Tablet PC, with a touch screen that can get destroyed (which then needs a case/skin rendering it even larger)?

I'm a techy guy, I enjoy cool gadgets, but I must be missing something with this useless waste of resources.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Looks cool. If it comes with a digital pen it would be even more interesting for artistic applications. But otherwise, I would like to see the specs

didymus03

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
"Looks cool. If it comes with a digital pen it would be even more interesting for artistic applications. But otherwise, I would like to see the specs"

My thoughts exactly. This would be such a great on-the-go digital art tablet if it came with a decent pen. Otherwise I'm not a huge fan of touchscreen devices (especially ones that fully exclude physical interface).

Status
Not open for further replies.