Virgin Mobile Reveals $40 Unlimited Data Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Considering I currently get unlimited Data/Email with Verizon on my Blackberry @ $29/month the $40 mark is sort of ridiculous.

However, considering AT&T already dumped unlimited, and everything points toward Verizon doing the same, $40 might end up being the new "good deal".

Quite pathetic if you ask me, that our data costs seem to go up rather than down.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]IM0001[/nom]Its supposed to be a Data to go thing for your PC / Wireless device dude.[/citation]
Which you can use your phone for. Tethering is a wonderful thing.

Virgin here (Canada) is still $85/month for 5GB.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]Considering I currently get unlimited Data/Email with Verizon on my Blackberry @ $29/month the $40 mark is sort of ridiculous.However, considering AT&T already dumped unlimited, and everything points toward Verizon doing the same, $40 might end up being the new "good deal".Quite pathetic if you ask me, that our data costs seem to go up rather than down.[/citation]

I totally agree with everything in your post, except for the first part. I mean, sure $29 is cheap, but you're getting internet on a Blackberry. The usefulness of data on that is significantly less than that of a modern smartphone, like an Android or WinMo 7 phone.

It's too bad that tethering was disabled on my Droid's 2.2 update. I guess I might have to think about Virgin's options. That no contract/no plan is pimp.

G

How the heck are you getting unlimited email/data for $29? A basic phone plan is about 30, add to that the data plan, another 30 - total is $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.